Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does anyone have experience wiring in NOS Digital progressive controller p/n 15834

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 07:40 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default does anyone have experience wiring in NOS Digital progressive controller p/n 15834

i have it setup under the hood sorta to "test it" make sure i have the wires in the correct locations.
it is pretty simple.... ground to engine for unit, +12v for power to unit, then ground the solenoids to the box and send the +12v activation for the solenoids.

i am currently utilizing the relay that is already wired into the system to activate the +12v activation to the solenoids. the weird things is when i
put 12v to the controller, after about 20 or so seconds it says "resetting" on the screen, and then nothing else happens.

thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The controller has a built in 20 second main timer that forces a system reset if the activation is left on for 20 seconds or more. If you are running at the Bonneville or the Maxton mile and need a longer duration main timer PM me for more info. I designed the software so that if the user needs to lift during a run the Progressive timers do NOT reset, however, after 20 seconds the system does an automatic reset so that it does not have to be powered down.
I have built newer controllers with more options integrated into the controller and I am also currently working on a new design with integrated data logging. Also the percentage can be set in graph view with 20 settings per second. Also no Laptop or PC needed to program the unit. It has a built in Graphic LCD display. Also has built in timing retard for many differant trigger patterns. This is user selectable from a drop down list. Motorola (Freescale) semiconductor have given me some of thier new dual core 80 Mhz, 512k integrated FLASH memory chips and development software to work with.

I am not a sponser and mostly build units for other companies so I should let it go at this. Just watch for cool new stuff coming out soon.

Also have been working with a posible generic(works with many differant EFI setups) 2-step solution for fuel injected vehicles.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you are putting voltage to the activation input then yes it will eventually reset. I don't think your pass is going to take 20 seconds though.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:00 AM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool thanks for the responses. here is what i found with some help from a efw good friends. i found i have power somehow getting to my n2o/fuel solenoids. i traced it back, i am running the MSD digital multi retard. there are 4 steps of retard, the first 3 steps are wired together, and this leads into the positive side of my solenoids, as shown on MSD's website for wiring. this original wiring was done 4 years ago by a shop.

what i found is 4.4 volts going to the positive side of the solenoid wiring from the msd retard box. does this make sense, as i understand it the retard box looks for the 12v from the relay as it makes it's path to the solenoids, and then pulls timing out as the system activates??? i am going to check the grounds first, and possibly even install some diodes, to prevent any feedback. when i bench tested the NOS digital controller it didn't seem to be acting right, i am wondering if the controller didn't get feed back and start working on me before i even triggered the wot switch. does this make sense????

thanks again, and i look forward to any more feedback. i haven't even gotten to figuring out how this thing works, considering i have to lift off the throttle to shift it. NOS said it has a 15 second memory so that when i grab second gear, bet back on the throttle and go it resumes right where it left off.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Use the +12V Timer Output from the progressive to control the Retard Activation. Because the Progressive controller is pulsing the solenoids you do not want the retard turning off-on with each cycle of the solenoids.
Sometimes a 470ohm 1/2 watt resistor to ground is needed also. This keeps the Timer Output pulled to ground level when the output is OFF. It depends on the version, year of the retard module that is being used. This resistor just goes from the #2 Ground Terminal to the #4 +12V Timer Output and insures the retard is indeed OFF until the Timer Output is active.

Yes the Progressive timers are setup for Hold and Wait if you have to lift and/or shift.

Hope that makes sense, Please feel free to ask more questions and I will try my best to help out.

Quick Reply: does anyone have experience wiring in NOS Digital progressive controller p/n 15834