Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed Progressive controller and now i have a delay out of the hole???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 08:41 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default installed Progressive controller and now i have a delay out of the hole???

well the controller works rgeat! but even with no delay programmed it doesn't come on until about 2 tenths or so after i launch the car, it is pissing me off! ha ha! i wil call NOS tomorrow and MSD, my n2o relay ground goes into the yellow wire on my MSD window switch.

anyone else experience this? Eric, i left you a voice mail the delay worked in my advantage on sat. night at milan dragway, prep was ****, i ran at a domestic/ import event, oh well the delay allowed me to launch on motor and then on came the juice still ran 9.49 @ 147.xx mph, with a 1.44 60' so it was all good, would love to figure this out before next weekend.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Good luck on the Tech service from NOS, as they like to man tech with Azz Clowns. Ask me how I know.
Robert
Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had just the opposite experience with NOS.

Before we ran our Mustang as a turbo car it was a True 10.5 car. Before we ran it competitively, it had an NOS plate system, and ran 8.30's with just the plate @ 350. When we first put the kit on we flowed it with the fuel jet that was in the kit, and flowed it to the recommended fuel pressure (A.K.A. VERY conservative) and first hit we burned 4 pistons. We went over EVERYTHING after that. Double check the wiring, plumbing, fuel pump, regulator, lines, EVERYTHING. Got the engine back together and went back out. Burned up 4 more pistons on the first hit. So now we send the plate off to get flowed on a flowbench. Turns out NOS had put the wrong spray bars in the kit. We were spraying 450HP worth of nitrous and 350HP worth of fuel.

We called NOS and sent them the documentation we got back from the flow testing. Not only did they pay for the 8 pistons we burnt, they gave us an NOS Pro-Race Fogger Kit, and $3,000 worth of credit to buy any NOS product. The only thing they didn't cover was the machine work required to fix the two blown up engines.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Not saying they don't/won't back up their products. Also, I know they have revised their tech support. But, in the past tech was a gamble half the time the guy would know less than I? Or, I will call you back and never do so. I gave up on them. This wasn't 1 or 2 times, but many. I am not against NOS, but their service in the past has sucked, and I have left messages with powers to be stating the same thing.
Robert