Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harris Speed Works Edge Controller

Im putin together a n20 system for a m6 z28 and saw this
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

Anyone have one of these? How is it?

Im thinking of geting one since i want a really safe system. I was gona get a window switch from bmn and a NX TPS switch, but now that i saw this, im leaning tword it after geting some input/info on it. think i should i get it?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Teching In

I heard they are crap, i was looking into them but decided to go a different way. Also when I checked them out it seems they have gone out of business www.twistedsanity.com
Old 10-11-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

the company that builds the HSW edge controller is out of buissness?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another option for you could be NXs new 200 dollar controller.It has everything including a progressive on curve.This unit is made by FJO just like the maximizer.
Dave
Old 10-11-2005, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ViperX
I heard they are crap, i was looking into them but decided to go a different way. Also when I checked them out it seems they have gone out of business www.twistedsanity.com
We have been here before. HSW has been doing a pre-sale on this piece. Must be in reproduction some how. I have heard the words "lawsuit", "off shore manufacturing", "cheap"...HSW will have an uphill battle the way I see it. If it is a good piece...ie. works well and keeps working well. It will sell. If it fails, obviously there will be some pissed off people. Hey it aint shipped yet from what I can tell. I could see myself purchasing this or something similar. Not just yet on this one.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

oh i thought it was already on the market. i guess ill wait a few months and see.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Macon
We have been here before. HSW has been doing a pre-sale on this piece. Must be in reproduction some how. I have heard the words "lawsuit", "off shore manufacturing", "cheap"...HSW will have an uphill battle the way I see it. If it is a good piece...ie. works well and keeps working well. It will sell. If it fails, obviously there will be some pissed off people. Hey it aint shipped yet from what I can tell. I could see myself purchasing this or something similar. Not just yet on this one.
Unless HSW went through the trouble of sending me an empty box via 2nd day air and created a fake tracking number for it, they're shipping. Mine's scheduled for delivery for tomorrow. From what I understand, they were shipping out for a few weeks even before I bought mine, so apparently it has been in the market.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zeus
Unless HSW went through the trouble of sending me an empty box via 2nd day air and created a fake tracking number for it, they're shipping. Mine's scheduled for delivery for tomorrow. From what I understand, they were shipping out for a few weeks even before I bought mine, so apparently it has been in the market.
Okay from what I can tell NOW (thankyou) they are shipping. They were doing pre-sales.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=Edge
Yours hopefully got shipped... As I said if it works great. Keep us posted.

Last edited by Macon; 10-12-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

HarrisSpeedWorks is not nor will they be going out of business...

these parts are in stock and ready to be shipped. there has been an overwelming response to the edge and thus far there have been no issues in the months that it has been tested. not to mention is comes with a 100%customer satisfaction money back garuntee.

im sure Matt will chime in this morning and answer any question you may have regarding their product.

Last edited by TNTramair; 10-12-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ViperX
who are you getting your information from??? cause the only negative things ive heard came from the competitors. get your info straight before you post things....if you used it and had issues than thats something differant...dont trash something you know nothing about.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TNTramair
who are you getting your information from??? cause the only negative things ive heard came from the competitors. get your info straight before you post things....if you used it and had issues than thats something differant...dont trash something you know nothing about.
NO ONE IS TRASHING THIS ! I just reviewed all the posts and the point has been made that people have "heard bad things". The original post and subsequent posts show "concern". I see my response and others "wishing HSW the best". Again, I hope it works out and everyone is a winner...the EDGE looks GREAT on paper...lots of us may buy it..."That's all i've got to say about that." I'm entitled to my own opioion based on my own obversations.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

NO ONE IS TRASHING THIS ! I just reviewed all the posts and the point has been made that people have "heard bad things". The original post and subsequent posts show "concern". I see my response and others "wishing HSW the best". Again, I hope it works out and everyone is a winner...the EDGE looks GREAT on paper...lots of us may buy it..."That's all i've got to say about that." I'm entitled to my own opioion based on my own obversations.
Macon...nothing was directed toward you. my comment was to Viper for bluntly stating and i quote "They are crap". now for makin such a remark without even havin this unit and never used it, is absurd. thats what i was reffering to...ive seen plenty of your posts both here and ls2 and have never seen anything negative.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Well I was going to stay out of this but i'll chime in lightly. I don't see where anyone said anything bad about Harris or them being out of business, it seems it was aimed at the twistedsanity people not being in business, and that their website says closed.

People really need to stop fighting on this site, it really gets old. Also tnt, why such interest it's like you are harris or employed by them or get discounts to defend them? Unless you have first hand knowledge about something I suggest anyone stay out of discussions like this. I have learned that the hard way, just me .015

Relax people
Old 10-12-2005, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Well I was going to stay out of this but i'll chime in lightly. I don't see where anyone said anything bad about Harris or them being out of business, it seems it was aimed at the twistedsanity people not being in business, and that their website says closed.

People really need to stop fighting on this site, it really gets old. Also tnt, why such interest it's like you are harris or employed by them or get discounts to defend them? Unless you have first hand knowledge about something I suggest anyone stay out of discussions like this. I have learned that the hard way, just me .015

Relax people
i am affiliated with Harris but am not employed by them. they are close friends and i am currently installing one of these units on the WS.6. i have seen it in use for quite some time now in its testing stages and know for a fact it works as advertised and is a great unit. i trust their product and also trust them instrallin the components on my car.
no one is fighting...this is a discussion...the original poster also questioned if someone had this unit and how well it worked. when someone deems it "crap" without any knowledge or first hand in using it, im gonna come back with my personal opinion as well. but like i said before...im sure Matt will chime in soon so ill just end it here...no more from me.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect

People really need to stop fighting on this site, it really gets old.

Relax people
I agree 100%

Guys...it looks like we have a few people here that have bought one. Im sure we will all get some feedback on the unit from these people (hopefully). So lets give the bashing a rest please. Unless you have PERSONALLY used it...first hand. Save the comments.

Guys that have bought one...please provide feedback as soon as you can. Its much appreciated. This site thrives on feedback for our users.
Im sure the unit will work as advertised.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Sorry it took so long to get to this post, but its been a long morning. Yes we're still in business...yes the manufacturer is still in business. He is no longer a direct distributor hence why the website is no longer around. These units have been shipping for the past few weeks as Zeus has stated.

Nick
Old 10-12-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

Okay from what I can tell NOW (thankyou) they are shipping. They were doing pre-sales.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=Edge
Yours hopefully got shipped... As I said if it works great. Keep us posted.
I didn't intend my response to be sarcastic or biting, it was a serious one. I've honest to god heard of companies doing that before (not in the car world though) as a little "going out of business sale".
Old 10-12-2005, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

i have the edge installed in my car and it works great, just because myself and tnt ram air reply good reviews about this unit and hsw dosent mean we work for them. hsw also carries big stuff and the same cold fusion kit nitrous direct sells i guess thats **** as well. good customer service = happy customer = good review.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta
i have the edge installed in my car and it works great, just because myself and tnt ram air reply good reviews about this unit and hsw dosent mean we work for them. hsw also carries big stuff and the same cold fusion kit nitrous direct sells i guess thats **** as well. good customer service = happy customer = good review.
I'm glad to see a REVIEW. Now why the flip off smile? Inspite of that we are starting to see progress. I know i'm giving the Edge a chance. Hell I feel like buying one just to find out. Because it's there - LOL!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 06:00 PM
FormerVendor

Yea Pete, why don't you post up pics of your fancy pants bracket for The Edge too!

Matt

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta