Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First shot...WOW

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First shot...WOW

Well, finally went to Checkers this weekend and filled up the bottle. Went on a ops check run and.....all I can say is WOW. I'm running a 100 shot because those are the smallest jets that came with the kit but I must say I'm happy. It's a Cold Fusion nitrous kit with a baker electronics window switch. I set the window switch to 3000-6000rpm on my stock C5.

So anyways, I smoked the tires for the first 2 gears, but man o man did 3rd gear pull.

Now on to questions:

1.)I got the bottle filled and was told that I have to bring the bottle frozen but he said that if I paid for an extra pound he could do it right away or make me wait a couple of hours to freeze the bottle. Is this right?

2.)I'm in AZ and we're in beautifulll weather about 80 F at night. At this temp my bottle seems to pressure to around 800-875 psi. While the power felt great and it was plenty, I read that people run theirs at 900-1050 with their bottle heaters. I find it hard that I would need a bottle heater in AZ but is that the case, or is the loss of circa 100 psi not really matter?

3.)Speaking of AZ, do I need to worry about our 120F days rupturing the safety valve. The bottle is completely covered from the sun, but never the less it gets really hot inside the car.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:03 AM
TECH Regular

As far as the second question goes, I'm in arizona as well, and I just put in a bottle heater last night. It's actually been pretty cold here and my bottle pressure drops down to about 650psi when I first start her up. Also, as you spray nitrous your pressure will drop regardless of the outside tempurature, so a bottle heater will help.

If you have a blow down tube you shouldn't really need to worry about the bottle getting too hot. If it does rupture it'll go outside the car and you'll only be out the cost of the nitrous and a few bucks for the replacement disk. Highly recommended.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zeus
As far as the second question goes, I'm in arizona as well, and I just put in a bottle heater last night. It's actually been pretty cold here and my bottle pressure drops down to about 650psi when I first start her up. Also, as you spray nitrous your pressure will drop regardless of the outside tempurature, so a bottle heater will help.

If you have a blow down tube you shouldn't really need to worry about the bottle getting too hot. If it does rupture it'll go outside the car and you'll only be out the cost of the nitrous and a few bucks for the replacement disk. Highly recommended.
even if the bottle pressure gets to high, wont the valve just burst and empty the nitrous inside your car? is a blow down tube really that neccessary, b/c when i order my kit, its going right between the rear seats.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

last thing you want to happen is have the disc rupture and have the nitrous go inside the cabin....not good!!. blow down tube is cheap...do yourself a favor and get one.

the bottle pressure needs to get to about 2000+psi before that disc goes so keep and eye on your bottle pressure sitting in that arizona heat...when its that hot here in philly i just take the bottle out of the car...better safe than sorry.

and like Zeus just stated...when ever you hit it, the pressure drops...bottle heater gets it right back up to where you'd like it rather quick so you wont have to wait between runs...not to mention, get the pressure up to 950-1050 where you should be spraying...if ya only hit it at 8xxpsi and loved it...get that pressure up and hit it...wait till ya see the differance 200psi bottle pressure makes...goodluck and happy sprayin!!.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Whatttt? Does this guy not have a fill station pump for refills?

Glad you like your Cold Fusion kit! that's awesome!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Launching!

anyone got a link to the blow down tube, never heard of it. just gettin into nitrous and i want every safty item i can get.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=329
Old 10-12-2005, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

well ok, heres my dilema, i want to mount the bottle like so when my kit comes how would i use a blow down tube to run the nitrous outside my car? would i have to hook a tube up to it and clamp it down and run that out or what...im not feeling cutting holes in the floor either...
Old 10-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Launching!

i really can't answer the question about the tube(kind of curious how to hook it up myself). but not a big deal to drill a hole in the floor. just drill the hole, spray on an anti rust type primer(spray paint will work), and pick up a grommit at a hardware store. grommit protects the line and keeps water out.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You couls also run aeroquip hose and fittings.You could run it out the floor pan under the seats.This way you do not have to drill a whole out in the open.
Dave
Old 10-12-2005, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You couls also run aeroquip hose and fittings.You could run it out the floor pan under the seats.This way you do not have to drill a whole out in the open.
Dave
do you sell those?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

Like Dave said you can use an 8AN line. We do custom length ones in a variety of colors.

Matt
Old 10-12-2005, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hennytime
do you sell those?
Yes we sure do
Dave
Old 10-12-2005, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet