Sponsored by:

Fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 08:31 AM
NXZ
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump?

I came from the world of imports (yes, I know I just said imports). I am use to using a wallbro 255 fuel pump for every application. Please help, I am running nitrous on my 2000 Camaro LS1 and I want to up my fuel pressure. Yet, I want it to be a fairly easy install. Any information would be helpful.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is done to your car mod wise? If your car is basically stock or just bolt ons the walboro intank pump will work fine for you.We sell them for 125.00.
Dave
Old 10-13-2005, 09:20 AM
NXZ
On The Tree

Nothing to the motor yet. Allthough, the drivetrain is solid. I am going to go with head and cam. I have a NX MAF kit running a 75 shot. My car ran a 12.02 @ 117 (bottle feed) and a 12.69@ 109 (N/A). The track closes in two weeks and I want to make 11's before next year. I want to run a 150 shot on it. But, I also do things right and want to put a fuel pump on it.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:19 PM
FormerVendor

If you do go the Walbro route make sure to get a "hot wire kit" for it. Without it the new pump will get the same voltage. Another option is the Racetronix kits. With the Racetronix kit you won't have to carve up your plastic fuel pump bucket and loose some of the factory functionality of the fuel system. Either way will work, just depends how you want to do it. If you're a DIY guy then the Walbro might make more sence. If you want a plug and play system the Racetronix system might be a better choice. If you want more info on the Racetronix kit there is a link below.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=330&page=1

Matt

Originally Posted by NXZ
Nothing to the motor yet. Allthough, the drivetrain is solid. I am going to go with head and cam. I have a NX MAF kit running a 75 shot. My car ran a 12.02 @ 117 (bottle feed) and a 12.69@ 109 (N/A). The track closes in two weeks and I want to make 11's before next year. I want to run a 150 shot on it. But, I also do things right and want to put a fuel pump on it.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
If you do go the Walbro route make sure to get a "hot wire kit" for it. Without it the new pump will get the same voltage. Another option is the Racetronix kits. With the Racetronix kit you won't have to carve up your plastic fuel pump bucket and loose some of the factory functionality of the fuel system. Either way will work, just depends how you want to do it. If you're a DIY guy then the Walbro might make more sence. If you want a plug and play system the Racetronix system might be a better choice. If you want more info on the Racetronix kit there is a link below.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=330&page=1

Matt

Hey Matt, Awesome kit, I just put my order in about 2 seconds ago.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

If you go with the Walbro there are two methods of putting it in. The Hard (long) way and the easy way. The hard way would be to drop the exhaust, rear axle, etc and change the fuel pump from the bottom, the easy way would be to pull the carpet back on the hump behind the rear seats, and cut an access panel to access the fuel pump from the top. There's a good writeup floating around here somewhere.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:13 PM
FormerVendor

Got it, thanks for your support. You should have a UPS tracking number.

Matt

Originally Posted by 02BlackBullet
Hey Matt, Awesome kit, I just put my order in about 2 seconds ago.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:19 PM
FormerVendor

If you are going with heads and cam I wopuld go ahead and go the race tronix system.We sell them for 249.00.Let me know if I can help.
Thanks
Dave
Old 10-13-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
If you are going with heads and cam I wopuld go ahead and go the race tronix system.We sell them for 249.00.Let me know if I can help.
Thanks
Dave
Since when did you guys start carrying their plug-and-play pumps? I don't see it on your website. Had I known I would have just ordered from you!

-somebody
Old 10-14-2005, 09:11 AM
FormerVendor

We have acrried them for a while.Our web site is about tomake some changes.Its alittle out dated.
Dave