Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discussion on why to hide your system.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discussion on why to hide your system.

I wanted to have a simple discussion of why hide your nitrous system..
Is it for $$$?
Police problems??
You did not want freinds to know?
WHY?

All have some valid points but, if you race anyone for coin and you spray; they will know you sprayed so why hide it... Let the world see those great looking kits.

Ricky
Old 10-19-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Because it looks clean when everything is tucked away and hidden. Also, I'm sure some of the reasons you mentioned are valid points for others. Unless you got one of them sick lookin' DP setups, most kits look better somewhat hidden.

JMO
Old 10-19-2005, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think part of it is intimidation...if you want to race a guy who sees you have a nitrous kit he may not want to race you...but if you surprise him when your on the line when you purge he cant back down, not without looking like a kitty between his legs...
Old 10-19-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

I never hide my sheat. except if you drive around with a 408 high compression motor, on open headers, and you have a 15 lbs bottle on the rear seat hump, and it comes inbetween the seats. You will get some trash from the cops. The cop pulled me over for being insanely loud, and he almost shat himself when he saw the nitrous bottle. I just wish yall make a black 15 lbs bottle.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
All have some valid points but, if you race anyone for coin and you spray; they will know you sprayed so why hide it... Let the world see those great looking kits.

Ricky
Two main things come to mind...neither make much sense to me.
1- Some people deny the existance of nitrous no matter what...
2- A scenario - Car A and B are racing. Both have nitrous. Car A purges and wins a race. Car B is Mr. Stealthy, doesn't purge etc and loses...he denys having nitrous, says he didn't know Car A was spraying and somehow doesn't lose face. If Car B wins...people think he has a better motor tune or both...nitrous seems ti be an unfair advantage to some people? Which is nuts.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Its the police with me. You know if a car is spraying or not when you race even if they have a stealthy kit. I like looking close to stock as possible when you look in my car. So as to not tip the cops off the n20 gauge is in the gloce box and the shift light is in the vent. As for the street racing I usually don't like to pop the hood.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:04 AM

Will the cop got you for OPEN HEADERS...
Ricky
Old 10-19-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's a combination of a couple of things for me.

#1. Cops. It just gives them one more thing to hassle me about.
#2. I get sick of stupid questions about nitrous from the ricers at car shows when they see there is nitrous on the car.
#3. Everyone I've ever raced for cash has asked to see the engine after I spank them and they never find a thing. I like to make them scratch their head and think their **** if messed up.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:01 AM

Ok all interesting points... On the police thing, do yall get tickets if they see it. I have only been pulled over once with a bottle showing, and the guy just asked If I liked the kit or not... Did not really hassle me..

I do like the clean looks that people have mentioned... Do yall find it hard to keep if from freinds and potential victums.
Ricky
Old 10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Cops.- illegal to have a bottle hooked up in your car. Plus if you get pulled over at a questionable speed where they might let you go without a ticket, if he see's a bottle its a ticket for sure.

2 Punks - let the world know you've got juice and some "punks" just wont leave you alone in thier honda with the fart can muffler and or homeade nitrous kit. Plus you have the stolen car factor. If your gonna steal a car it might as well be a juiced one.

I agree in the bling factor and wanting recognition for your work and investment and I love the looks of my car under the hood, but if you go asking for trouble your gonna find it. I dont race for money and the nitrous is just for peace of mind. Dont want to ever loose to what I perceive is a lesser car.. Just been my experience with the 5 "O" that if you give them a reason to watch you will they will.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

my bottle is next to me i am never worred about cops around here, they dont really hassle me, but a bunch of ricers say " DAMMMMNNN thats a huge bottle of nazs" soooooo uhhh when you gonna make a black 15lbs bottle?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osuhunter07
my bottle is next to me
Your running medical grade aren't you.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:52 AM

hmmm black 15's is do able. . But you will still see it..
Ricky
Old 10-19-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macon
nitrous seems ti be an unfair advantage to some people? Which is nuts.
i think people consider nitrous unfair because its inexspensive. If a turbo was a only a few hundred bucks people would consider that cheating too.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

hiding it helps keep things moving at tech at the track - tell them you don't have it, they don't look over your car for everything
Old 10-19-2005, 12:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BAD02WS6
i think people consider nitrous unfair because its inexspensive. If a turbo was a only a few hundred bucks people would consider that cheating too.
I agree in general...i'll bet most of us have more than a few hundered bucks in our systems. No matter what people can't seem to accept simply being beaten. And more important to this conversation we seem to love hiding our power.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

No you will not know when someone is spraying. Sorry. Everyone wants to be a hero and thinks they can tell. Some cars run really rich or have bad evacs and blow a ton of smoke out the exhaust. There are just to many things going on to know for sure. Plus everyone who doesn't have nitrous thinks having it is cheating. So F them, then they can get beat by a car with a hidden kit.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Will the cop got you for OPEN HEADERS...
Ricky
My FLH/SpinTech/Catless/3.5" plumbed exhaust gets WAY more attention than my nitrous...I can choose where I use nitrous...my exhaust is always VERY loud. I try not to draw attention with my driving. Visibility comes in all shapes and sizes.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got stopped the other night for my exhaust being to loud. The first thing he asked me was did i have nitrous on the car. Then he saw my studs on my 12 bolt sticking through the lugs and he said " we have a race car here ". I ended up getting a ticket for my tires being to slick. my nittos were about gone. so i will hide my bottle at least when i get my kit.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

I am a firm beleiver in my exhaust system being nice and quite

408 decent cam big valves .630 lift cam

1 7/8 headers stepped to 2" witha 3.5" collector anda 3.5" y pipe and a strait through muffler at the driveshaft!

its not loud...... its insane !!!! i need a reducer pipe made to go to 3 inch to put my b&b back on.

Quick Reply: Discussion on why to hide your system.