Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used nitrous, spun clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used nitrous, spun clutch

Well, I did a quick run of 13.8, with a horrid 60 ft time without nitrous. So, I armed the system, did a 13.1 w/ a really horrible 2.47 60ft time(I suck without traction control and I'm using run-flats). Ran again and got a good launch, my clutch spun, I first thought it was wheel spin, but it kept happening through 3rd. So, I ordered my new aftermarket clutch and it should be here anyday now. My question is, my car is stock w a 100 shot and I smoked the clutch like it was dead, anyone else have problems with the stock clutch on a stock car w/100 shot. I let the car sit for a couple of hours and the clutch works fine so I'm guessing too much power for the stock clutch???

98 C5 Vette, 6spd stock w/100 shot
Old 10-21-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Eventually that will happen, the clutch got hot and you have nitrous. Have fun replacing the clutch, been there done that. What clutch are you going with BTW?
Old 10-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Centerforce, i've had good luck with them in the past and the only other affordable clutch, the SPEC clutch, I've heard a lot of nasty things about.

Oh yeah. and I know how much fun the clutch will be. I wish I had U-joints down there I could just take off. No I have to drop the entire driveline assy(driveshaft assy, tranny/diff., etc. to access the clutch. Should be a fun experience, but I've got very detailed instructions off the internet so it shouldn't be too bad