Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help testing nitrous and Wot switch please?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 04:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help testing nitrous and Wot switch please?

Hello yall i need some help. I removed my WOT switch and nitrous lines while I was doing my H/C swap. My buddy did the wiring for my long time ago and moved away. I got a wot swith and a MSD digital window switch. The only problem is there are two wires that connect to the WOT switch i am not sure witch one goes were. Will it be a problem if the wires got mixed up on the 2 wires that connect to the WOT switch? Is there a way i can test the nitrous with the Wot switch and window switch without using the nitrous on the motor? Some help would be apprecitaed
Old 10-22-2005, 09:00 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two wires on a WOT switch can be switched.....that does not matter. If you want to test the system just close the valve on the bottle, loop the low rpm side of the window switch with a piece of wire and hit the WOT switch to see if the solenoids click. This should be done with the system activated. Make sure you put the 3000 rpm pill back in the window switch after you loop it. Also if you have a fuel pressure safety switch...you will need to loop those two wires together for testing the system.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
The two wires on a WOT switch can be switched.....that does not matter. If you want to test the system just close the valve on the bottle, loop the low rpm side of the window switch with a piece of wire and hit the WOT switch to see if the solenoids click. This should be done with the system activated. Make sure you put the 3000 rpm pill back in the window switch after you loop it. Also if you have a fuel pressure safety switch...you will need to loop those two wires together for testing the system.
Thank you very much
Old 10-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Launching!

One of the wires from the wot switch goes to 86 on the relay and the other one goes to the arming switch. I am not sure about the window switch because I don't have one yet, but I hope this helps you.