Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Popping sound coming from the exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Popping sound coming from the exhaust?

when i made a N2o run with 125 shot the car ran great but when i started to slow down i start hearing popping noice around the exhaust area, but then i ran it again and threw the car in neutral after i was done with the run everything was fine i didnt hear no noice so i wanted to know was this normal or is something wrong?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

It's pretty normal for that to happen on decel. My car always usually goes rich on decel coming off the bottle (dips into the low 9s) and all the raw fuel ignites in the exhaust. You can do a few things to cure it, either shut the nitrous off before you let off or just roll out of the throttle, or I usually snap the throttle a few times to clean out the motor on decel, you can also hang the throttle a bit to make the pops less noticable.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

what he said....your rich coming off WOT ease off the throttle(also helps your car from spiking lean buddy blew his motor that way) and you should be fine.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

yep..normal...mine actually shoots some flames occasionally when coming down from 6k rpms...