Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Progressive Controller To Use????
MAX 2
70.59%
EDGE
29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Which progressive??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLL: Which progressive??

I am on the fence for one of two controllers, the MAX 2 or the EDGE.
Both have killer features with the MAX 2 having the abitlity to do 2 stage easily with detailed mapping of on times, but the abitlity to change settings at the track with the EDGE is a cool factor too. UGH!!

Let me know what you are using and how long you have used it and how you like it. Hopefully this information will help more then just me!
Old 10-28-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I voted edge because of the cheaper price and you do not need a laptop. Thats my personal preference, but if I had the cash I'd go with the max and a laptop I do not have.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait you forgot about the New 206.00 unit from FJO. Now thats also a pimp unit. Im using it on my car. There is no comparison between the two you have down. MAX 2

Dave
Old 10-28-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Wait you forgot about the New 206.00 unit from FJO. Now thats also a pimp unit. Im using it on my car. There is no comparison between the two you have down. MAX 2

Dave
I'll be purchasing this from you within the next week, and I really can't wait. It definately looks like an awesome prog. setup
Old 10-28-2005, 07:47 PM
FormerVendor

We'll have a few new announcements in the next few weeks. One might be about a free software upgrade for The Edge.

Also our Advantage controller ($125) should be shipping in a month or so.

Matt
Old 10-28-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dave

do you need a laptop for that one too?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:25 AM
TECH Resident

Maximizer II since July 2005. I love it and got it because I wanted to make sure I did it right the first time. It's got tons of safety features that actually led to my decision to get nitrous first instead of super charger. I don't understand the whole "does it need a laptop?" concern, but I guess I always knew I'd need a laptop for tuning software and my wideband too... and the occasional DVD.

edit: stupid grammatical errors

Last edited by Somebody09; 10-31-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave
I voted between the two given. Go FJO and Edge and you might be closer to an apples2apples comparison. It's going to be pp.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by XJOSHX
do you need a laptop for that one too?
Josh,
Yes any units that are made from FJO will be adjusted from a labtop or home computer.These are the best quality and most accurate units on the market.
Dave
Old 10-31-2005, 11:16 AM
FormerVendor

Of the two given I would go with the Max 2. However, the unit that Dave is using in his car is awsome if you don't need, or want, all of the features of the Max 2. It gives you control of 2 stages with window switch, TPS switch, and progressive control. And it's only $206.00.

I've also never really understood the whole "need a laptop" argument. I look at it as I'm going to need a pc/laptop inorder to tune a car properly (LS1 Edit, HP Tuner, wideband, etc.) anyway so why is it a big deal to use one for tuning a nitrous system? I guess I'm just a computer nerd, haha.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Of the two given I would go with the Max 2. However, the unit that Dave is using in his car is awsome if you don't need, or want, all of the features of the Max 2. It gives you control of 2 stages with window switch, TPS switch, and progressive control. And it's only $206.00.

I've also never really understood the whole "need a laptop" argument. I look at it as I'm going to need a pc/laptop inorder to tune a car properly (LS1 Edit, HP Tuner, wideband, etc.) anyway so why is it a big deal to use one for tuning a nitrous system? I guess I'm just a computer nerd, haha.
I'm a carb guy that jsut baught a new home computer. I jsut can't see buying a laptop just to tune nitrous, I would find another way around it weather it be multi kits in stages, or some other progressive that doesn't need a laptop.

If you NX guys ever redesign the max 2 I have a recomendation... Make it so you can set it up without a laptop. Maybe not as many features, but at least a basic control. ALSO make it so you can use the current software and all that good stuff. I know the max 2 is pretty much the best unit out there right now, but between the price of it, and the price of a laptop, it jsut seems a little extreme as far as $$$$. However, sometimes you have to pay to get the best.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
FormerVendor

In order for FJO to use a push button feature with the amount of Data in there units wouls be a knightmare to set up.THe labtop is for ease of adjustability.
Dave
Old 10-31-2005, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

happy with my edge and no computer needed
Old 10-31-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sprydncamd ta
happy with my edge and no computer needed

sweet, got any pics of the isntall?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XJOSHX
I'm a carb guy that jsut baught a new home computer. I jsut can't see buying a laptop just to tune nitrous, I would find another way around it weather it be multi kits in stages, or some other progressive that doesn't need a laptop.

If you NX guys ever redesign the max 2 I have a recomendation... Make it so you can set it up without a laptop. Maybe not as many features, but at least a basic control. ALSO make it so you can use the current software and all that good stuff. I know the max 2 is pretty much the best unit out there right now, but between the price of it, and the price of a laptop, it jsut seems a little extreme as far as $$$$. However, sometimes you have to pay to get the best.
It's pretty clear to me that if you are buying a digital based progressive controller that you have two basic choices. A model that will have a built in GUI and one that will only integrate with an off board processor that has the GUI. My feeling is that if you are buying a progressive controller and you already have a Laptop PC a controller like the Maximizer 2 or FJO are very nice. remember any PC will work. You don't have to carry with you...do the program at home. if you are satisfied with an essentially push button GUI then other systems are fine. Personally, I like the screen shots of the FJO and Maximizer 2. There is one in my future. LS1edit is in my future as well. I don't see any way around NOT enjoying the flexibility of a Laptop PC from a global perspective to use with my LS1. I have simply asked myself how I can get the most out of the $$ I spend on my car. In the short run, perhaps a push-button progressive controller is adequate...how often do we all outgrow adequate? How fast do we outgrow adequate? If you are even considering a progressive controller these days...don't you want TOTAL control and flexibility...beyone what push button offers?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

I wish this poll showed who voted for what like in the pass. I like watching that...
Dave
Old 11-01-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can get a slave laptop for $75-150 that will do the job just fine. But for those that don't tune their own cars, and just want to mess with thier controller at the track to find the sweet spot, I can understand wanting to be able to adjust w/out a laptop. The adjustable ramp vs RPM on the fjo nx unit is so easy to understand and adjust even a complete retard could do it. Being able to see your progression curve on the screen is a nice feature. I think you can download it free and check it our for yourself.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang Never seen so many people whine about a computer

All the units listed are nice. I got three Laptops laying around so either or does not matter If I can swing it a NX MAX 2 will go in the company car
Old 11-01-2005, 09:17 PM
FormerVendor

Couldn't agree with ya more Dave. It's always interesting to see who votes for what.

Matt

I wish this poll showed who voted for what like in the pass. I like watching that...
Dave
Old 11-01-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Dang Never seen so many people whine about a computer

All the units listed are nice. I got three Laptops laying around so either or does not matter If I can swing it a NX MAX 2 will go in the company car
If one of those lap tops is getting in your way---you can send it to live at my house.