Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first time drag and nitrous pulsing

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time drag and nitrous pulsing

hey guys went to the track and ran a 12.38 at 113. my car is a 2001 z28. i have a full slp ram intake a hooker exhaust and a ton of bmr suspension stuff.this car has roll up windows and manual doors. i just installed a 1nos 100 shot about a month ago so this was my first time out with it. the car seem to run real good on the street but when i got about three quarters down the track my car was surging. it felt like the nitrous was coming on and off?? hen three runs later my service engine light comes on. we check the code and it said my number 8 was missfiring. i didnt put different plugs in when i installed the juice and i have no window switch. i just have a wot switch and a manual switch in the car. the car has 35k miles on it and has ran flawless since i have owned it. should i pull the plugs and check them out first. and i just had the tank refilled two days ago also. thanks for anyhelp.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, pull the plug. Then let us know what it looks like. By the way, what plugs were you running? Hopefully not Platnium...
Old 11-06-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, plugs would be the first step
Old 11-06-2005, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Mine did the same thing and I ran almost the same times as you. I think it was the fpss and since I have switched to wet. If your running one just put both wires on one pole and try it. It may need adjusted. Dyno it yet, if not I would. I saved motor by waiting and going to the dyno first.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

The surging on the track is most likely a lean condition maybe from lack of fuel presure. You car demands more at the track because there is more traction. I had the same problem solved it by installing a separate fuel system for the N02