Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Ricky! NX Your the King!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks Ricky! NX Your the King!

Just wanted to publicly thank Ricky. He sent me a few pieces for my bottle heater wiring that came undone. He is a great guy and I just wanted to say thanks and I appreciate it.

My shop is adding a 28,000 GVW B&M Tranny Cooler in place of my 24,000 because it was overheating due to the way they (changed it) ran it independantly and they also hard lined with braided Stainless Steel Line. Used to run cool with the 24K B&M but it was through the radiator, but oh well as long as it stays cool.

Then a few minor tweaks on my set up and now thanks to Ricky the Heater will work and we can FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DYNO this thing with 100 shot.

I got a new 346 engine so I broke her in and now I can dyno it. I think I was running 11.9 A/F on the test run before the engine blew.

Is that a GOOD A/F??????? Should I shoot for different???

This 11.9 was run with the dual nozzle set up and I had to use the Next Bigger size FUEL Jets to get the 11.9, with the standard 100 jets it ran 13.1, so we tuned it with the larger fuel jets.

I will post results after we dyno it.

N/A it Ran 395 RWHP all Motor going through a 4,000 stall.

Oh Ya Thanks Again Ricky

Gary
Old 11-11-2005, 07:31 AM
TECH Addict

Congrats on the rebuild. Did you stay with the same heads/cam package? What was the bottle pressure last time you dyno'd?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

11.9 is safe. I personally would not go any leaner.
Good luck!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My Buddy suggested going 11.5 is that TOO FAT?? I haven't dynoed yet, but again the 11.9 I previosuly dynoed was run on the 50 shot Per side JETS,

HOWEVER I used the next Larger Size Fuel Jet (150 HP I think) to get the A/F to 11.9 (from a previous 13.1 A/F with the regular 100 FUEL JET).

So in order to get my A/F Richer, below 11.9 assuming it stays the same when we spray it again, I would need to bump up the Fuel Jets AGAIN to the next larger size.

I am not sure why the AF went 13.1 using the regular 100 HP Jets when we dynoed, but the engine died shortly after final 11.9 dyno using the 100 N20 and 150 Fuel Jets, so maybe that had an affect on things?

In my case the only way to tune the AF is with the Jets because the NA is already tuned.

Thanks

Gary
Old 11-11-2005, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Congrats on getting the car back together, I know how it is blowing a motor and having to start over. Looking forward to seeing the dyno results. 11.9 is about right where we tune vehicles to on nitrous (11.8-12.0). You could run it at 11.5 to be a little safer but it's not really necessary.

Are you the same person that we sent the electrical pack to? If so, sorry about not sending you everything you needed the first time, haha. Ricky had asked me to take care of it and I forgot a couple of things, but I think I went overkill on the second shipment, lol. If this isn't the same person, then disregard this rambling, lol.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

YES That is ME!!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate it Man!!!

Thanks for going overboard. What I want to do is make that portable bottle opener for the NX Bottle opener, that Ricky told us all about using the 9 volt batteries and wires etc. so you don't have to take off the remote opener all the time when you fill it.

I think I will have an extra piece to make one of those things.

I just need to determine what gauge wire to buy etc. and look at his post again.

Thansk again Jeremy and Ricky!

You guys are great.

Being fast isn't fun, it's just what I do just kidding
Old 11-11-2005, 09:50 AM
FormerVendor

I'm glad you got everything this time . You should have enough spare parts from what I sent to do the portable opener power supply. The one Ricky built is a neat looking piece, and works well too. Using those extra weather pack connectors will make things very easy for connecting to the opener. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

16ga wire is plenty...
Ricky
Old 11-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

and your welcome.
Ricky