Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealing With A Fellow Juicer...Shady Practices...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dealing With A Fellow Juicer...Shady Practices...

My first thread to get the possible ways to test the noids is listed below...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/405872-testing-noids-can-anyone-help.html

I tried to test them multiple times and then decided to rerun the wire to make sure it was not something that I did. After double checking every possible problem, I finally just grounded each noid and put power to them by using the constant 12v wire for my power running to the relay.

...Nothing happened. I called Dave and he suggested to call NX. Upon calling them, I ws told if the noids aren't clicking when power and proper grounds are applied...I'm scewed. I bought this kit used and understood it to be in good working order. I plan to take the money BACK from the person who sold me the kit but only for the amount needed to replace the noids. (Paypal Protection)

This is a pain in the ***. I bought the "kit" but after recieving it, had to put a call into Nitro Dave for more than $180.00 in extra parts just to make the kit functional. I'm not happy so far.

Ricky...can I possibly get some of those new noids as replacements? If I have to pay anyways, may as well get the bad *** noids right?

Do you guys think that is fair? I don't want to screw over a fellow juice junkie but want my spray and this **** isn't fair!

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

D
Old 11-11-2005, 09:15 AM
FormerVendor

Sorry to hear that man, I would definately be getting the money to cover the solenoids back (good thing you used PayPal). If you would like you can send the solenoids to me and we can disassemble them and get a definate answer on whats wrong with them for you. Worst case is the coils are melted and need to be replaced, which is much cheaper than buying new solenoids. I have seen solenoids the were rusted on the inside which didn't allow the piston to move. We cleaned them up and replaced the piston, tower, and 0-ring and they worked great.

Just let me know if you want to send them to us here at Nitrous Express. I do have to agree though, if you going to buy new solenoids I would definately wait until the Lightning solenoids are availible.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

I don't believe paypal is going to cover you or let you do what you want to do. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.. I'd always weary of buying anything used like that, there are so many afordable kits on the market it's not worth it.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

NitrousDirect,

Paypal will cover me. It's called "Buyer Protection" on their site. All you do is file a claim that notifies the seller of the problem and asks if they will willingly resolve it. If the seller will, they play mediator between the buyer and seller until an agreement is met. If not, Paypal will side with the one with the most valid point and the correct person as the winner. Basically it's a small electronic way to take someone to small claims court.

Jeremy,

I called you guys yesterday and whoever I talked to, I didn't get a name, said that if they are not clicking when I have a good ground and power that they are trashed and I would have to buy new ones. He said that I could send them in for repair but would probably only come out about $30.00 cheaper. With that said, I was going to take $30.00 off of what I was back charging the seller because that would be the repair cost and then just buy the new noids when they come out.

Let me know my nitrous brethren...
Old 11-11-2005, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

02BlackBullet - That's odd that you were told that. If you bought 2 new coils as opposed to buying 2 new solenoids it would be approximately $130 cheaper (that figure is off the top of my head, but it's very close). If by some chance it isn't the coils that are the problem, then I will just rebuild and test them without any charges for labor or parts.

Me personally, I would just buy the Lightning solenoids when they are availible. They are more than definately worth it. They not only look badass, but they perform better than any solenoid I've ever seen.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

I'm pretty sure paypal does not get involved with the quality of goods, disputes as far as i know are for the non receipt of goods purchased
Old 11-11-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Are the new noids going to cost much more or will they be the same price as new noids?

I'm asking because I'm trying to be fair with getting the money needed for the kit as he sold it. I have the noids boxed up so I will send them in reguardless just to make sure I'm not gouging this guy for unnecessary money. I would feel better, since it's a used kit, for you guys to look over them anyway. Let me know where and how I need to send them in. I have 16 days left to file a dispute so I will need a quick diagnosis if at all possible.

Thanks for the help Jeremy.

D
Old 11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
I'm pretty sure paypal does not get involved with the quality of goods, disputes as far as i know are for the non receipt of goods purchased

I sold a Pioneer CD player to a guy and I got a dispute because it "wasn't working".

As it panned out, he had wired it wrong and didn't know what he was doing. The claim was dropped and he made ammends.

You can file a claim for pretty much anything if something is wrong with the product.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

02BlackBullet- The Lightning solenoids are the same price as the old solenoids (they're the same in my new price book so I'm assuming they'll be sold to the public for the same). Here's the address if you want to send in your solenoids;

Nitrous Express
Attn: Jeremy
5411 Seymour Hwy
Wichita Falls, Tx. 76310

Be sure to include a note in the box with a return address and phone number as well.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

good luck on paypal, Ive had the same scenerio and they screwed me, even with emails showing that the guy knew up front that the product was faulty. Id just send them into NX, let them checkem out personaly then go from there. Where did you buy them from, LS1TECH,egay?????
Old 11-11-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stangsteve
good luck on paypal, Ive had the same scenerio and they screwed me, even with emails showing that the guy knew up front that the product was faulty. Id just send them into NX, let them checkem out personaly then go from there. Where did you buy them from, LS1TECH,egay?????
I bought the kit from another LS1tech member.

I'm not trashing him or anything. He has since contacted me today and offered to pay for half of the replacement/repair price. Even though I know that I didn't fry the noids, that can not be proven by me and he didn't install the kit before selling it so he can't be sure if they were good before our deal.

He's working with me and is a good seller in my eyes so far.

Since this has developed, I think I'll be waiting for the new noids to come out if Jeremy says my current ones are fried.

Alas...no spray this week.

Jeremy, the noids will be coming your way later today. Thanks for the help.

Do I need an RMA number or anything?

Last edited by 02BlackBullet; 11-11-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Hello, everone,,, Just send the noids in.. Jeremy go to the spare parts area, and if the coils are bad just get this gentleman taken care of... I hate to see people get screwed over in any shape form or fashion... NOW the coil may not be perfectly brand new, but if they are free and you did not have a new kit to start with who cares right..

And Jeremy I like that you are helping an NX customer out, but get back to work. lol.
Ricky
Old 11-11-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Hello, everone,,, Just send the noids in.. Jeremy go to the spare parts area, and if the coils are bad just get this gentleman taken care of... I hate to see people get screwed over in any shape form or fashion... NOW the coil may not be perfectly brand new, but if they are free and you did not have a new kit to start with who cares right..

And Jeremy I like that you are helping an NX customer out, but get back to work. lol.
Ricky

You are a scholar and a gentleman sir.

Thanks for the badass customer service!

I'll be sending the noids in later today when I get home.

Thanks again,

Dustin
Old 11-11-2005, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

I'll take care of it Ricky, and here I thought that customer service was part part of work (even if it's not over the phone), lol. I won't bother telling you to get back to work, but it would be nice if you just showed up, haha (I'm just messin' with ya', I already know the reason and understand).

02BlackBullet- I'll get those solenoids fixed and working as soon as they get here and get htem back to you ASAP.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Ditto. If they covered all problems pertaining to used parts they would be out of business.
Robert
Old 11-11-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have some stand up (cough, cough) vendors.
Robert
Old 11-13-2005, 11:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another reason why NX is the bset right here!!!!!!!
Dave
Old 11-13-2005, 11:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another reason why NX is the best right here!!!!!!!
Dave
Old 11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I wish all aftermarket companies have service like this. when i do go with nitrous, i will run NX products for a large portion of the system. the parts are good and the service is excellent.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

02BlackBullet- I received your solenoids today. They have been tested, rebuilt, and retested. They are working great and are being shipped back to you today. Let me know if you need anything else.