Sponsored by:

just a ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 04:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a ?

i have a question but give me as close of a guess as you can get

i am building a 408 stroker with a cast iron 6.0l block all forged bottom end i mean everything and lingenfelter( misspelled iam sure) stage 3 race heads and longtube headers on a TH350 W/transbrake and 4:56 gears on 33x10.5 softwall slicks now here is the ? about how much n2o do you think i can get away with on a two stage and what do you think the stage should be set at like for stage one how much dope and for stage two the same thing how much dope

Last edited by STORMBRINGER; 11-13-2005 at 05:42 AM. Reason: more info
Old 11-13-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wet System???? If tuned correctly and direct ported nitrous and you have the fuel pump to keep up and injectors to feed it and all the safety switches.. I don't see any reason you couldn't do 200 out of the hole, and another 200-300 on your second stage. The only concern would be the 4:56 gears. You may run out of gear - but I wouldn't change them until you make a couple of runs. Also, since you have everything else, make sure you are running good race gas - 110+. IMO there is no reason what so ever to a stand-alone gas tank. Just make sure you have the fuel pump to keep up. Tuning will be your key.

Good luck

David
Old 11-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Teching In

yes it will be a wet kit and most diff a big *** fuel pump and both stages will be direct port
Old 11-13-2005, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Might want to replace the th350 with a th400 before you scatter it all over the track tho

200/200 is where im going to start , then move up from there .

Put a wide band in the car so you can watch the a/f and go out and knock off some 9s

Im doing the same motor but im going with the AFR 225's , lingenfelter heads are over priced and they use factory head castings which dont have the thickness/strength that the AFR's have and we need all the strength we can get for serious nitrous motors .
Old 11-13-2005, 11:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The amount of shot will depend on the actual parts you use in the engine.diffrent forged parts will take different amounts.
Dave
Old 11-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The amount of shot will depend on the actual parts you use in the engine.diffrent forged parts will take different amounts.
Dave
the pistons i have are diamond and the crank is eagle i think i would have to look i am in iraq and have not gotten to play with my toys in a while and i dont remember who made the rods i know they are custom machined one at a time i do know that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for sure