Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct port guys in here

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Direct port guys in here

From my understanding the direct port is the safest of all n2o systems correct? My question is I am wanting to ditch my 2 stage 200 wet/dry shot, for a direct. What would be the bennifits of this in the performance area? thanks for any input.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your wet/dry 2 stage combo is working and your a/f is tweeked and runnin good , your not going to see a preformance gain by going direct port .
And unless your going to run an elaborate 2 stage direct port kit your better off sticking with your 2 kits for traction .

Now if you want to step up to a bigger shot (300-500) , thats when you will need a direct port setup .

With efi systems like you have now , you can realy only safely spray a 250 but thats as far as ide push it , anything more than a 250 , go direct port .

I run a 100 shot wet in my first stage and a 150 shot wet in the 2nd stage on my stock bottom end motor now , but the new motor will be running a direct port 200 shot 3rd stage in final drive .
Old 11-13-2005, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well for one you won't run into any distribution problems with the fuel/nitrous. Two you can tune individual cylinders for A/F. If you looking to run a decent size shot it's the way to go.

Matt
Old 11-13-2005, 11:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with the what Zoom Z and Matt said. You will not see a perfoprmance gain. However if you plan on going to a 250 or 300 it will give better distribution and better tune ablilty. However a fdirectport will call for more tunning. If I can halp you with a quality system let me know.We are well known for our directports.
Dave