Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Bottle Opener Questions (Having trouble)

Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX Bottle Opener Questions (Having trouble)

(After you read this, Read my Next post in this thread, PICTURES and updated info)

Shop installed it OK the opener worked fine at first, and was very smooth and easy to open and close. Took it off to fill the botlethen THEY reinstalled it and when I was testing it, it wouldn't open the botte. I tried several times over and over by myself, but it would not open and just made the noise of the motor trying to turn the valve, then finally I called the guy that installed it and after several more on and offs, it closed and the guys were like see it works .

Now I get home and open the bottle to test the purge, it opens, but now the thing will not close. it is stuck open. I tried several times over and over to close it, but it wouldn't budge, and I didn't want to burn the motor.

OK what is the trick to installing this thing??????? Are you supposed to install it with the valve closed, all the way open, or 1/2 way open?????

Help me please this is getting frustrating.

Oh ya in between the above incident when I was at home I tried to install it myself and it wouldn't open either, but I installed it with the valve closed.

What am I doing wrong????????????????????

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 11-15-2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the new 45 degree angle bottle just FYI.

OK I just read the instructions, it says open the VALVE ALL THE WAY before installing the motor on top of the black valve stem gear (the one that has the notches in it).

I was having trouble before getting the top part with the grooves to bite and be connected to the black circular valve gear stem that sits on the brass square bolt where the factory ****/wheel used to be.

Here is what I have been doing:

I have the thin black metal circular collar around the bottle valve, just resting in place with the slit/opening facing toward the front of the bottles stem (where it naturally has room to fit)

then I am placing the motor on top of the black valve gear stem (which is already on the brass square stem) and trying to get it to lock in the grooves of the underside of the motor, then I am with my fingers pushing the collar upwards toward the top of the bottle until it stops and basically locks the valve stem in place, then tighten the clamp?

Is this right? WHat teh hellam I doing wrong?

Now I was just doing this a minute ago (for 20 minutes ) with the valve open 1/2 way, NOT ALL THE WAY!!!, so maybe the black valve stem opener gear, wasn't physically high enough to lock properly in the grooves of the motor. It is 1:28 am in the morning so I am done for now until I read your responses.

Thanks.

Remeber the shop had it installed too and the darn thing worked for them, but then didn't work when I was there....

I read about the clutch, but I am 1st just trying to get the darn thing on correctly.

Here is a picture of the way I am installing it, just for you to see the direction I am working with and how my bottle is set in my car.

That groove/slit in the Black Metal Collar (that makes room for the valve of the bottle) is facing toward the front of the car/bottle.

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 11-15-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone???????????
Old 11-15-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I tightened my clutch in it.The instructions on how to do it is in the directions. Also, only turn it on for like 2-3 seconds, max. Anything more and it's just over tightening the valve. I went 1 full turn tighter on my clutch and never have problems now.
Make sure you get that puppy working, you never know when a Viper or GT2 is going to pull up besdie you!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was already beating Vipers on my Motor, ha ha Now they will really be in trouble, unless they have a few tricks up their sleeves of their own.

OK, I still want to know, do I Open my Bottle Valve All the Way, and THEN put on the Opener???
Old 11-16-2005, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Did you adjust the clutch?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not yet. It was working at first, it's brand new, so I am going to open the valve and put it on 1st and see if that works, and then I will adjust the clutch.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I Would think it does not matter. Its probalbly more of a saftey issue. having the bottle open will eliminate an accidental discharge of nitrous say if you did not have the line connected to the bottle! This way if the bottle is "open" before you start it will elimate the accident.... Im sure Rick or nitro dave and answer this better?
I would adjust the clutch a bit.... I hope this info was informative, see i didnt even try to sell anything! LOL
www.dynotunenitrous.com
Cheers
Dan
Old 11-16-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I fixed it. I didn't leave the black collar on the bottom of the bottle. I thought I was supposed to push it upand lock it in place.

I left it around the bottom of the bottle and it works fine now.

I talked ot Ricky for a few minutes while I was doing it. Thansk Ricky!

Gary
Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cool,Glad to see you got it working.
Dave

Search this Thread