Sponsored by:

Used kit Service?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:29 PM
LC
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Used kit Service?

A friend of mine offered me a NX kit from his honda, i thought it was a good deal and jumped in..

He brought it today, and i'm checking all stuff...

The noids fittings are full of a white "gum" and very dirty, what would be the proper way of cleaning them?

on other thing, the (dynotune) purge solenoid was, in line before the nitrous solenoid.. as i see (i'm new to nitrous) the NX solenoid has a purge port.. Does this have any reason to be?

i attached some pics of how are the noids and a fuel line...
*sorry for the bad pics.. can't get good focus of this crap...
Attached Thumbnails Used kit Service?-used06.jpg   Used kit Service?-used01.jpg   Used kit Service?-used04.jpg   Used kit Service?-used03.jpg   Used kit Service?-used02.jpg  

Old 11-28-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definetly some Neewbe questions...
The white stuff is supposed to be there, its teflon thread sealant for the NPT threads.
The dynotune purge can be hooked up as it was with the flow-through manifold or into the purge port of the solenoid, either one works fine.

I'd suggest finding someone local who is reputable/experienced to help you set it up. Used kits are real tough for first time nitrous users. Nitrous kits are not too bad to install,but there is almost always some small part missing from used kits, and this is where an experienced installer could be real valuable. Compare the $ of labor rate to $ of reparing your LS1.
Or do lots and lots of research, this board is super valuablewith lots of great people who can help if you want to install it your self.

Oh yeah and definetly get a window switch.
Just my 2 cents
Vinny
Oh yeah, you might want to send the noids back to NX, they can check them for free,and make sure they are in perfect working order before you install them.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
LC
TECH Resident

Thanks for the reply..

i will take your advice.. but on the sealant tape.. yeah i know that.. but there is other kind of real kinda gum stuff.. tape is off easy.. that thing looks like hard clay...

Can't send the noids to NX.. i'm international, shipping is ... pricey..
Old 11-28-2005, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its probley TEFlon paste. WE prefer that versus tape. You can pull the fitting out and clean them up real well. Put it back together with locktite. You can download the instructions off of NXs site if your used kit did not come with the 74 page instruction book. Also if you can take a better picture of the complete system I can look at it and telkl you what you are missing.
Dave
Old 11-28-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you have a shop repair, or get a new braided line. All the site vendors have pre made lines if you can't get it fixed correctly.
Robert
Old 11-29-2005, 12:54 AM
LC
TECH Resident

ish... this is why i hate buying used stuff... but for 200 bux.. kinda was a deal (he included some extra stuff)

does this NX wet systems can be used on a TPI car? i was reading the manual and found a pic of what looks a TPI car with a pair of shark nozzles..

If it does.. i will sell it tomorrow.........
Old 11-29-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

If its a NX stage 1 efi, then it will also work on a TPI motor, just download the GM jet sheet and make sure you have all the jets.