Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Nitrous Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:13 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LT1 Nitrous Question

Ok well im new to the nitrous thing but was looking into spraying my bolt on LT1 car. I was looking for recomendations on what system to go with, resons why, and places to get it from. Also I know i can just buy a kit and throw it on and that i will also need cooler plugs, window switch, fuel presssure switch, wot switch, and an msd ignition box for the rev limiter. My question is which ignition box, what plugs, and where to purchase the other things from. Finally what guages should i run with the nitrous install. I was thinking bottle pressure and fuel pressure but are these two good to run and is there another i should use also?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend doing some research to find out what is best suited to give you the results that you are looking for. With the motor having stock internals I would recommend not going any higher than 150hp if you decide to use a wet system.

For the accessories I would say that the window switch, FPSS, WOT switch, and the cooler plugs (I'd recommend TR6's @ .035") are a must. You are also right about the gauges, the two that you mentioned are all I would recommend using other than possibly an a/f meter (but those can get expensive if you want a high quality one). I personally don't think that the ignition box is necessary, but on the other hand it is a good thing to have if you feel like spending the money. I used an MSD Digital 6 on my LT1 and loved it.

Just my 1/2 cent
Old 11-30-2005, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are many systems on the market that will work fine on your car. For the best quality possible I suggest looking into a NX single nozzle,NX maff kit,or our new plate system. The most common accessory package is a GENX2 kit. This kit has an automatic bottle heater,purge,nitrous pressure gauge,fuel pressure safety switch,nhra valve and blow down tube. I suggest a window switch for safety. You will also need to change your spark plugs to NGK TR6. I have used a Digital 6. I have also used a 6al with a timming box.
Dave
Old 11-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
There are many systems on the market that will work fine on your car. For the best quality possible I suggest looking into a NX single nozzle,NX maff kit,or our new plate system. The most common accessory package is a GENX2 kit. This kit has an automatic bottle heater,purge,nitrous pressure gauge,fuel pressure safety switch,nhra valve and blow down tube. I suggest a window switch for safety. You will also need to change your spark plugs to NGK TR6. I have used a Digital 6. I have also used a 6al with a timming box.
Dave
Sent you one pm already about the plate system but could you pm me a price on your plate system and everything it includes.