Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of Nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A couple of Nitrous questions

I just got my nitrous kit, and I want to mount the bottle in the spare tire well, but I don't know what I need to do this. Could someone please tell me exactly what I need and maybe links to site to purchase the items, or maybe some tips as to what I need to fab up a plate or something. I have the quick release brackets but what else do I need.

What gauge wire comes with the NX kit? I bought mine used and I didn't get alot of wire, so I'm figuring the guy didn't remove the wiring from the car when he removed the kit

Also, could someone please tell me the hp ratings for the following jets? They are from NX

I'm pretty sure the 17041 is a 75hp shot, and the 17035 is a 50hp shot, but I not completey sure.

I'm getting a little frustrated trying to make sure I have everything I need and is in order.
Thanks for all your help.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Dave has a mount for the well area, and he's the NX guy so he can answer your questions,as soon as he see's this.
robert
Old 12-01-2005, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Robert56
I think Dave has a mount for the well area, and he's the NX guy so he can answer your questions,as soon as he see's this.
robert

Thanks Robert. I already found the mounting bracket from Dave's website. But I would still love answers to my other questions.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK yes we have the mounting brackets in stock.
Here is the LS1 jetting
HP-N-F
35-31-18
50-35-20
75-41-22
100-52-28
150-62-33

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks
Dave
Old 12-02-2005, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
OK yes we have the mounting brackets in stock.
Here is the LS1 jetting
HP-N-F
35-31-18
50-35-20
75-41-22
100-52-28
150-62-33

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks
Dave
Thanks for the responce Dave. Sorry, but I still don't understand what HP the jets are rated for.
I see that
17041=75hp
17035=50hp
Newbie here so I'm a little lost. I looked at the NX jet diagram, but can't figure out what size these two are for
Old 12-02-2005, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by corvettelover
Thanks for the responce Dave. Sorry, but I still don't understand what HP the jets are rated for.
I see that
17041=75hp
17035=50hp
Newbie here so I'm a little lost. I looked at the NX jet diagram, but can't figure out what size these two are for
The 24 and the 20 won't be used on the nitrous side of the nozzle. They are just extra jets in case you need to make an adjustment on the fuel side of the nozzle (read = to adjust the a/f).

Let me know if you would like a list of all the parts that should be in the system. I can also provide part numbers for everything in case you are missing something and need to order it.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corvettelover
I'm getting a little frustrated trying to make sure I have everything I need and is in order.
Thanks for all your help.
Don't get frustrated...sometimes i feel like i spent a load on shipping alone. Man you are doing things right by asking questions. The flip side is to go about things w/o paying attention then your posts will be coming from an entirely different direction...if you get what i mean!!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
The 24 and the 20 won't be used on the nitrous side of the nozzle. They are just extra jets in case you need to make an adjustment on the fuel side of the nozzle (read = to adjust the a/f).

Let me know if you would like a list of all the parts that should be in the system. I can also provide part numbers for everything in case you are missing something and need to order it.
Thanks for the reply. So it looks as if I have a 50 and 75 shot jet. Hell, I didn't even know there was fuel jets. I'm starting to make my self nervous about this whole thing LOL. Are the 24 and 20 Fuel jets used in conjunction with the 50 and 75 shot Nitrous jets in most cases? I understand that the a/f needs to be tuned so the 20 and 24 might no work, or be needed at all.

I want to list to you all the parts I have for the nitrous install, and please tell me if I'm missing anything, or suggest something that might help. I know there is no fail proof nitrous system, and Iwill contune to read and read before I actually spray. Here is what I have thus far.

NX kit
NX Gen X-2 Kit
Window switch
Ashtray controls
NGk-TR6 plugs
Anything missing? Thanks again for answering the noob questions.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Macon
Don't get frustrated...sometimes i feel like i spent a load on shipping alone. Man you are doing things right by asking questions. The flip side is to go about things w/o paying attention then your posts will be coming from an entirely different direction...if you get what i mean!!

I completely understand where you are coming from. I don't want to be the guy that didn't pay attention, and A: have a shitty setup, or B: have the thing towed back to the house after BOM!! Just thinking about that yellow vette in that video makes me cringe.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:15 PM
FormerVendor

corvettelover- looks to me like you have a good setup. Since it's used though, I can give you a list of all the individual parts that should be in the system and the GenX-2. That way you can check to make sure you have all of the correct fittings and such.

Other than that, just take your time on the install and make sure all of your connections are good. Especially take care with the wiring and make it as clean of possible in case you ever have to troubleshoot something electrical in the system. Let me know if you need any help with anything, and Good Luck.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
corvettelover- looks to me like you have a good setup. Since it's used though, I can give you a list of all the individual parts that should be in the system and the GenX-2. That way you can check to make sure you have all of the correct fittings and such.

Other than that, just take your time on the install and make sure all of your connections are good. Especially take care with the wiring and make it as clean of possible in case you ever have to troubleshoot something electrical in the system. Let me know if you need any help with anything, and Good Luck.

Thanks Jeremy, and please give me a list of all the individual parts. The guy I bought the kit from said the noids were rebuit and that he hasn't used them since. I don't really know if I beleive him or not. When I received the parts in the mail and unraped the noids they smelled like gas.... bad. Either way I'll test the noids before I spry. Even though I didn't buy the kit new, can I sent the niods in to NX and have them rebuit for free? Just to be on the safe side

Or can someone give me a round about price NX charges to rebuild the noids?

Last edited by corvettelover; 12-02-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:46 PM
FormerVendor

I'll pm you the list of parts for everything with part numbers this afternoon (about to go to lunch). And you can send me the solenoids for a rebuild if you would like to, there is no charge for the parts or labor, just the shipping which is pretty cheap. Just email me at the address below if you decide to send the solenoids in.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

NXJeremy email sent.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:17 PM
FormerVendor

Just sent you a return email with shipping information and the lists for the system and GenX-2. Both lists have part numbers for everything too. Let me know if you need anything else.