Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Kit Wiring Check!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Kit Wiring Check!!

Ok guys this is my first nitrous setup !!! I have made a wiring diagram with the equipment I have. It was a little confusing to me at first but I think I finally got it. Attached is the diag I made, and i was just wondering if someone could look it over real quick and let me know if I am missing any thing. I am mostly concerned with the MSD switch. I think I got it right, but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Thanx in advance...

Nakoz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Visio-NX.pdf (91.4 KB, 376 views)
Old 12-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

looks good
Old 12-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Thanx for the feed back NXRicky...
Old 12-06-2005, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Looks good you *** lol!!!! now have the marbles to actually use it.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
looks good
I hate to come in after Ricky has given a good...but I'd run your RED from MSD to arm only to contimue through arm switch to WOT. I'd get a Switched Ignition or Bat +12V for the opener and heater from a source other than the one from the MSD red wire. Make sense? I'll PM Ricky to be sure i'm not on crack. Need fuse at Battery, I'm doing a fuse on my +12v feed line to heater and opener.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:43 AM

Looking at the Drawing again the switch panel should be keyed 12 volts, not a constant.. Always used a keyed source on control wires.

Thanks Macon for bringing that to my attention.
It would work but keyed is better.

Ricky
Old 12-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Yea i was planning on using a keyed source, just forgot to include it in the drawing. Thanx for all the info guys, and to GrezMonkey.... Go LUBE up so I can spank you!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

My self I always run purge noid and bottle opener through relays for safety. I don't want the amp load going thru my switches (and you don't want your keyed 12v source powering extras to much combined load?). NX dosen't do it this way? I also run a fuse to each supplied amp load 12v going to realays? The tach/shift light is the tach input from PCM, right, light can tap in there, but just clarify for those reading along.
Robert
Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 PM

Robert no need for a relay with a remote bottle opener, with the NX style too much of a head ache to hook up relays and since the thing does not draw but a few amps.. And the purge now only pulls 3-8 amps depending on mfg, and the switch panel Nskoz is using has good amp carring switches...
If using a large noid like Nitrous Outlets, big show or Dynotunes big purge then yes you need a relay.
And final all high amp load should have a proper breaker on it, low amp stuff pull from a keyed 12volt with a 10amp fuse is more than enough. When whas the last time you opened your bottle and had the purge pushed at the same time...

Ricky
Old 12-07-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Robert no need for a relay with a remote bottle opener, with the NX style too much of a head ache to hook up relays and since the thing does not draw but a few amps.. And the purge now only pulls 3-8 amps depending on mfg, and the switch panel Nskoz is using has good amp carring switches...
If using a large noid like Nitrous Outlets, big show or Dynotunes big purge then yes you need a relay.
And final all high amp load should have a proper breaker on it, low amp stuff pull from a keyed 12volt with a 10amp fuse is more than enough. When whas the last time you opened your bottle and had the purge pushed at the same time...

Ricky
Thanks for the insight on the NX wiring. yea, I am probably a little over kill on the wiring safety, but I like it that way. Opening bottle and purging at same time, not going to happen.
Robert
Old 12-07-2005, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Who could be more "safe" than Ricky or Robert? I agree a fuse on every load and a chicken in every pot.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Man you guys know your wiring... I never really considered how many amps I would be pulling with the this setup... but its good to know that it looks like I am on the right track. I will be putting fuses for each 12volt hook up I do, just wasnt sure if it was worth the effort at first... Thanx Ricky and Macon for all your info.... me's appreciate it.

Nakoz
Old 12-08-2005, 09:52 PM

Your welcome, I like doing wiring stuff, use to add extra $$$ to the kitty in the past. Cheer E O
Ricky

Quick Reply: NX Kit Wiring Check!!