Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech Services from NXRICKY

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech Services from NXRICKY

Hello everyone I would like to offer my services to all NX customers. If you have any questions about a system, jetting, wiring. Feel free to email me directly. I want ever NX customer to have fun with the system and its install. So again feel free to email me tech questions only, please no sales or pricing question, NX is not a Sponsor YET on this board, so Tech stuff only and compliments if deserved, and or complaints if you are not getting the help you need.

Rickys@nitrousexpress.com
Old 12-09-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I e-mail you a question will you tell on me?
Robert
Old 12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow I never realized NX wasnt a sponsor on here.

Its a shame the TNT boys were kicked off here meanwhile Ricky gets to pimp away without shelling out a nickel.

If I was CF, TNT or any of the other SPONSORS I would be pissed.

For the record I have NX nitrous kits, so dont say I am sponsor bashing (Well they would have to be a sponsor for me to be sponsor bashing I suppose)
Old 12-09-2005, 09:59 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7

Its a shame the TNT boys were kicked off here meanwhile Ricky gets to pimp away without shelling out a nickel.

For the record I have NX nitrous kits, so dont say I am sponsor bashing (Well they would have to be a sponsor for me to be sponsor bashing I suppose)
Thats why Ricky only helps with tech support!
Old 12-09-2005, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are many other companys that post on this board as members. Some juts do not post or participate in as many conversation. There is nothing wrong with helping out tech wise just because you work at a company that specializes in where your interest are.

With That being said.There are some that there is no way in _____ I would take advice from. So I suggest to the newby to do his homework and get second opinions if needed before taking what he is told to heart.

Ohh and I do not think the TNT boys were kicked off here.They post when they want to.

Remember this is ls1TECH.com.
Dave
Old 12-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Robert56
If I e-mail you a question will you tell on me?
Robert
Sure I would, I like helping everyone, tech is tech is tech.. I think all nitrous people should help each other if its needed.
I am sure you when I have question for you you would help me right. No one person knows it all.

We are not sponsor yet, and I am not saling anything... I want ever NX customer to know I will help them as much as possible.. Infact I will give tech on any product I know//
TNT never got kicked off, they are busy building product I find small amount of time in the day to take alook a answer questions.
No sponsor should get pissed about anything IT just TECH, I even said NO SALES CALLS.

Ricky
Old 12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

I think the TNT guys are still around, but they don't post as much as they used to. The customers, and potential customers, are what keep us, Dave, T Burne, TNT, Nitrous Direct, Dyno Tune, and Cold Fusion in business. If helping with tech and customer support on here is going to help us gain customers (even though they will be buying through a distributor such as Dave or T Byrne), then we are going to do our best to provide the best technical assistance and customer service possible. As long as we are not trying to sell directly, I don't see a problem with it since this is still a public forum.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have a problem with it I just didnt realize you guys were NOT sponsors. I guess I just ASSumed.

I guess it is just a fine line between "selling" and "tech advice" as long as the mods/other sponsors are happy.

I would never say Ricky and Jeremy dont help on tech stuff because they are VERY responsive.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

I dont have a problem with it I just didnt realize you guys were NOT sponsors. I guess I just ASSumed.

I guess it is just a fine line between "selling" and "tech advice" as long as the mods/other sponsors are happy.

I would never say Ricky and Jeremy dont help on tech stuff because they are VERY responsive.
I would like to apologize for reading your first post wrong. I took it as we (Ricky and myself) were pushing sales without being a sponsor. I agree that it is a very fine line when it comes to "selling" and "tech info", and both Ricky and myself have been guilty of crossing that line in the past. This won't be a problem/issue in the future.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

NX is a brand that is sold through many vendors here....as well as at websites all over for many different types of cars. I would consider us at LS1tech lucky to have a major manufacturer hanging out on our boards to answer tech for thier product.

TNT still posts from time to time.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

With a good number of board sponsors selling NX products here, I don't have any problem with NX guys helping or even pushing their product. I like having manufacturers here getting and giving feedback on supported porducts...

On that note, I would see (or have trouble agreeing with) a manufacturer posting or pushing product here if no supporting vendors marketed their product.

The support of the manufacturer helps the vendors I believe. In my own case, I have spoke with the NX guys on plenty of topics, almost use NX stuff exclusively, but have never purchased anything directly from them. So....
Old 12-09-2005, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
I would like to apologize for reading your first post wrong. I took it as we (Ricky and myself) were pushing sales without being a sponsor. I agree that it is a very fine line when it comes to "selling" and "tech info", and both Ricky and myself have been guilty of crossing that line in the past. This won't be a problem/issue in the future.
How else should it have been taken? Walk the line, don't cross it. Glad you guys are here!!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Macon
How else should it have been taken? Walk the line, don't cross it. Glad you guys are here!!
Not crossing that line can be somewhat of a task when you are giving tech info on your own product. Like I said earlier though, this wouldn't be an issue in the future. I guess the future got here sooner than I thought.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Here is a some tech for you...

I am currently running a TNT wet kit on my car and am installing a standalone fuel cell on the car for the fuel to the nitrous. I was told to wire the power to activate the pump to the micro switch. This would cause the pump to kick on at the same time the nitrous is already starting to enter the motor. It just seems to me if I do it this way it will take a second for the fuel to get to the solenoid causing a very lean condition. Is my thinking on this correct? I am thinking the standalone power of the pump should come on when I start the car so that the fuel is always at the solenoid ready to go when it is activate. What do you guys think?
Old 12-11-2005, 12:32 AM
FormerVendor

I wire the dedicated systems to activate off of the same activation switch (toggle) But it is before the micro switch. YOu want the power to the fuel pump as soon as you flip on the switch.You need to run a wire from the toggle switch to a relay just for the fuel system. This will work well and keep you from forgetting to turn on the pump.
Dave
Old 12-11-2005, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dave, would you put a time limit on running the pump. Here's why I ask, I have my set-up as always ready, meaning when I turn the key on everything is powered (still have a master power toggle). So, the fuel pump would be running sometimes for a long time in between uses, would this heat the fuel up? wear/tear on pump shouldn't be an issue? A direct port is prob in my near future with someone's famous stand alone for the vette a likely candidate.
Robert
Old 12-11-2005, 02:06 AM
FormerVendor

Well our systems have a return so there is no real pressure on the pump. I guess since it does not over heat in the real gas tank it should not the otther way. However I personally like to be able to controll everything sepaeratly. If your kits activates as soon as you turn on th eket that means every time you hit wot your are dry firing the solenoids. I personally do not like the thpught of all the added abuse on the system.
Dave
Old 12-11-2005, 02:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, but I only go wot if I am looking to kick but or scare a passanger, mostly just the track though (noids are not dry they are a spraying). Bottle heater comes on automatically also, so does bottle valve. Always ready, I never have to think is this on or that on, is it upto pressure. Well some claim that the high volume pumps that return a lot of fuel have a knack for heating fuel up, so I thought maybe because fuel pump is running full bore and same fuel is going round and round?
Robert
Old 12-11-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

A VERY high volume pump like an Aeromotive will heat the fuel only if the return system is too restrictive I believe. I doubt you'll see any problems with the very small amount of fuel needed in a standalone system. I do remember some Supra friends having problems with fuel heating issues, but this was when they had inadequate fuel lines and ALOT of pump. If you wire the pump to the N2O system arm switch, you will not be adding any unnecessary wear and tear to the system....

Robert, your system is ALWAYS activated? Do you not drive alot of miles on the street? I thought I went through alot of nitrous...lol I go WOT about ten times per trip though...heavy foot. lol
Old 12-11-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't do it on the street much anymore, no death wish here. The last time I really was nailing it on the roads was racing a blk 12 cly Lambo (I think Lambo?) on Interstate 5 through the S-turns in downtown Tacoma at 135/140mph area. Yes, the Lambo lost me finally when we hit some heavy traffic and was gone like lighting. I can tell you from experiance though on a few long hard n2o pulls that pinging can/will start after a bit even on a well put together system. Always ready is a must if you do the street thing.
Robert