Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fpss setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fpss setup

Does anyone have any advice on how to set it up?? I know how to with a meter and lots of nitrous . But is there a way to just set it low for you know it wont hit below that mark enless the pump goes out? what pressure does the switch drop out at? This is for a 125-150 shot . I am just looking for a way to just set it without having to use half a bottle of liquid gold .
Old 12-11-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just hooked mine up to my air compressor and used my volt meter as a continuity tester. I watched my guage on my aircompressor regulator and started at 0 psi. I slowly turned the pressure up until the fpss made contact at about 38 psi. I could then have adjusted it if I had wanted to.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:14 AM
Banned

That is a really good idea is 38psi what i need to set it to to be safe or can i go a little lower ? What is a good shut off psi for i know i wont get any surging?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001z
That is a really good idea is 38psi what i need to set it to to be safe or can i go a little lower ? What is a good shut off psi for i know i wont get any surging?
Do you have a fuel pressure guage? I believe you should have about 55 psi fuel pressure. But you will probably have a dip in pressure as the system hits until the fuel pump catches up. The higher you set the fpss at the safer you are but you risk a surge. Of course a surge (lean spike) may be a nusance but it is better than having a true lean condition resulting in engune damage.

Maybe some of our experts here can tell us at what pressure we run the risk of a lean condition that can cause damage.

I will be using an FJO wide band which will shut the system down if it gets too lean. I am considering just hooking the fpss to a warning light only so I will see if the fuel pressure drops below what ever I have it set at.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

We recommend that they be set at approximately 35psi. This seems to be a pretty safe number that normally doesn't cause any surging affect.

Terry, that is a pretty good idea to have it wired to a warning light to let you know what's going on without having to keep an eye on a gauge.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Banned

Thanks for all the info on setting it .Ill set it to 35 psi andsee how it does for a 100-150 shot .