Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring for a two stage setup

Old 12-24-2005, 08:58 PM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wiring for a two stage setup

I was looking for pics of a multi stage nitrous setup. I will have one stage on the throttle and am about put one on a seperate button. I am horrible at wiring (no patience) and I am looking for Ideas on how to keep things neat.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by n2o
I was looking for pics of a multi stage nitrous setup. I will have one stage on the throttle and am about put one on a seperate button. I am horrible at wiring (no patience) and I am looking for Ideas on how to keep things neat.
I setup my second stage on a digital timer, makes things much easier than using a button, set the time delay anywhere from .1 seconds too over a minute and never worry about having too hit a button!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

just finished mine. basically, i wired in two seperate systems. dual microswitches. i have the first one armed for launch. then turn the second stage on when traction allows. power switches in the ashtray.

http://www.stealthram.com/2000formulanitrous.htm

Last edited by mrr23; 12-26-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mrr23
just finished mine. basically, i wired in two seperate systems. dual microswitches. i have the first one armed for launch. then turn the second stage on when traction allows. power switches in the ashtray.

http://www.stealthram.com/2000formulanitrous.htm

Why 2 microswitches??????? I ran both my kits off of one when i had 2 kits on the car...The second was also on a button and the microswitch had to be compressed before the 2nd would even hit.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Why 2 microswitches??????? I ran both my kits off of one when i had 2 kits on the car...The second was also on a button and the microswitch had to be compressed before the 2nd would even hit.
I have 3-stages on one micro sw.
Robert
Old 12-26-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

because, i'm a dumbass and don't run relays. now, to answer the second question, why? microswitch 15 amp, relay 30 amp is why. i manually turn my systems on. less wiring overall. after contemplating the many different ways to wire it, this to me, was the simplest route to go. i could've run a dual relay that would turn first stage off when second comes on via an activation switch of some sort. or just run both at same time.

the second stage is just like yours, won't come on unless both the microswitch and the power switch is on.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:10 PM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

Where can I get a hand held button? One that is of good quality.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Just hook the second stage up just like the other stage with a separate relay and on/off switch. Use one WOT switch.

Go to the bottom of this page.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instru...supplement.pdf
Old 12-27-2005, 07:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by n2o
Where can I get a hand held button? One that is of good quality.
Radio shack and make your own cord....Mines 3 ft long and I hold it with my left hand on the wheel since the right hand is on the transbrake at launch and then on the shifter...
Old 12-27-2005, 07:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mrr23
because, i'm a dumbass and don't run relays. now, to answer the second question, why? microswitch 15 amp, relay 30 amp is why. i manually turn my systems on. less wiring overall. after contemplating the many different ways to wire it, this to me, was the simplest route to go. i could've run a dual relay that would turn first stage off when second comes on via an activation switch of some sort. or just run both at same time.

the second stage is just like yours, won't come on unless both the microswitch and the power switch is on.
At least we can agree that you arent intelligent on not running relays...You must be running some small noids.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by n2o
Clean as for the hoses or the wiring.?
Ricky
Old 12-27-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Clean as for the hoses or the wiring.?
Ricky
OUCH!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

ooopppsss should have read closer... Sorry about that,, I know Dave sales a harness so it all looks oem...
My opinion is to route all wires along side a current harness, then it will not look out of place...
and put your wires in a high temp loom, not that crap from autozone.

Ricky
Old 12-27-2005, 10:03 AM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, the wire loom is a plus. I don't use the cheasy stuff.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
ooopppsss should have read closer... Sorry about that,, I know Dave sales a harness so it all looks oem...
My opinion is to route all wires along side a current harness, then it will not look out of place...
and put your wires in a high temp loom, not that crap from autozone.

Ricky
Yep, and try to even stuff it in the factory loom for an even more stealthy design. When you start adding extra loom is when it starts looking like cacca!
Old 12-27-2005, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

At least we can agree that you arent intelligent on not running relays...You must be running some small noids.
wow, and you're almost funny. guess the pics weren't a give away on the size of the noids. but, to answer the question, yes small noids. n2o noids take about 7 amps. the fuel noids take about 2.5 amps.

relays are 30 amp ratings. a relay isn't going to save your noids if a 15 amp microswitch isn't.

just to ease your mind, i do run a relay on the wife's car. wife's car, i'm a little more cautious about it. not by much. the FPSS switch that came with the kit is in my toolbox.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

i could have run both off one microswitch. but, hey two wires with one more microswitch versus one microswitch with a relay to the second system with four more wires coming off of it. less wiring makes me happy. it's mine, it's how i wanted to do it.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it would make it easier for you we can custom build you a two stage harness with all your accessories incorperated.
Dave

Search this Thread