Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what about the zex dry system?

Old 01-03-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Default what about the zex dry system?

I like the review's I've read on the Zex nitrous system's.
I REALLY like how they seem to have simplified the installation process.
The question I have is where can I find the horsepower rating of kit #82015?
Everyone else has there kits HP range's posted, but not Zex.
Anyone know where I can get this info?
Also, any other advice on similar kits is welcome.
I only want to go with a 75 to 100 shot as my fuel system is stock on my 2001 Z.
One other thing.
With the small shot I'm leaning toward's, how necessary is it to have a bottle warmer. Am I wrong to believe that even if bottle pressure should drop down to say 650 psi that it would still be enough for the shot I want? Zex claim's that their system compensate's for lower bottle pressure.
At any rate, thank's for your help.
[Already know about the colder plugs and window switch]
Old 01-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, you need a bottle heater. Get a DYNOTUNE bottle heater. They can heat up to 1000psi in ~30mins from dead cold. Zex bottle heaters are junk.

Second, you want to run 950-1050psi ALWAYS. You can spray longer without dropping pressure, it will hit harder, and produce more consistent power even with you have a few lbs left. 650psi is a joke. It will work but not very well.

I would opt for their wet kit though. Their setup is good for 180bhp, so around 140-150rwhp. Their standard wet kit comes with 75-100-125 pills, but you can buy the 150 and 175hp pills from them as well. Give them a call, good guys on the phone to deal with.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nitro Dave would be the guy for Zex questions. As for a dry hit on a Z06, a good choice. Dry works extremly well on the Z06. I invite you to check out the new Nitrous Direct PRO Dry kit.
Pro Dry Kit thread Vette guys have been mostly buying this kit. give me a pm if interested and I can give you the facts. A quality kit at a good price, with all the before, during and after tech support you may need.
Robert
Old 01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Danny,
The part number you are looking at is for the LT based motors.It will not work the same on the LS based motors.We offer three different dry systems to choose from.We have a single nozzle for 349.00, a dual nozzle for 400.00 or our Halo system for 499.00.
I personally prefer the Halo for the clean and trick looking install. All of our systems are mode with NX parts.....A heater is not as critical as with a wet but it will serve its purpose.In order to use all the bottle and make the best hp available you will need to maintain bottle pressure. If I can help in any way let me know.
Thanks
Dave

Search this Thread