20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Should I drop my Mod Status

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Poll: Should I drop my Mod Status

I am getting some heat for being biased (powers to be). Some members have complained that my posts are biased based on being hooked up with Nitrous Direct, and that I have an unfair advantage being a moderator. Please base your vote on how you feel about this issue. I will do as the poll commands. I myself feel I never have comprimised as a mod, and have always looked out for ls1tech and their sponsors. Furthermore, I also feel I give more input towards non NItrous Direct threads/replys in the form of tech for all brands and kits. If I don't, you can set me straight and no ill feelings will be had. I don't want to give up my modship, but if that's what is best for the site I will. Also, I truly enjoy helping others when/if I can, and that will not change whether I am a mod or not. Thanks
Robert
Old 01-09-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I havn't had time look at many threads the past couple of weeks so I havn't seen how things are going with the sponsor/mod deal, but I asume it's going better than it was. I did see that you are not the only sponsor/mod in this section now so you shouldn't be singled out if people think that it's an unfair advantage. I know your just getting feedback, but I think it should ultimatly be your choice. If you want to concentrate on sales it would probrably be easiest on you to become a sponsor only, you wouldn't have to deal with the bullshit. However, if you give it time it may all blowover. I'm still on the fence about mods being sponsors.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well seeing as how you just gave me some advise I will in turn give you some. I have been on this forum for about a year and have learned alot from your posts. I can appreciate your knowledge and experience when it comes to this subject. Everybody has opinions that's what makes this forum great. Also everyone is a little biased. Just because you are affiliated with nitrousdirect should have no bearing on anything. Everyone on this forum who is affiliated with any company tends to be biased towards their own product. And they should be allowed to voice their own opinon as long as it doesn't bash anyone else. I for one think you should keep your mod status as I see no unfair advantage. Just a knowlegable person with mod status.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

What are you talking about? Just stick with it and we will all find a balance here soon enough. All this is new and will take a bit of time to sort out.

As said above....everyone is biased a bit....and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. As long as we dont bash the other guy and stick to promoting what you feel to be a good product then there is no problem.

**edit** Maybe we just need a better more well difined set of criteria to govern ourselves by. Much of this is grey area.

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 01-09-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Robert56 I don't care because it isn't the issue I thought it might be. And even if it was, i'd have to let you sort it out. I'd say that you are pushing NitrousDirect hard. I have not seen any moderating. Hell what do you do when you are moderating anyway? You must be a moderate moderator moderating moderately..a model moderating module.
- Macon
Old 01-09-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

LOL...Macon your out there
Old 01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robert56
If anybody has followed my posts for a while, they will know I say it like it is, and would not hook up with a company that has sub par products. If you have any tech questions about any CF kit, or in house Nitrous Direct/CF kits, give me a holla.
Robert
Robert I think this says alot. You do say it how it is or at least how you see it. I think this is good as I can't stand it when a product or in this case a power adder is one sided or even two sided. There are many different ones available as well as different styles (wet, dry, & DP). Everyone is gonna push what they think is best. The truth is there is no best in general. Everyone has different requirements. The more info that is posted the better the chance everyone can make an informed decision.

I do have a few questions regarding my kit. PM coming.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I was really against the idea at first, and if I ran LS1tech I wouldn't allow it. Thats my opionion, some people disagre, and I understand that point of view. The reason I feel this way is because if you look at a message board as a buisness, the message board makes money by companies like NX, Nitro Dave, Nitrous Direct, Dynotune, Harris, etc. Why would a company advertise when members of LS1tech are affiliated with their competition? Its a disadvantage to the other companies.

With that being said, the job of a moderator is pretty stright-forward here and I haven't seen Robert or anyone else abuse that privelege.

So, the short answer is since I don't own LS1tech, I really don't care either way. I'm here like most other people, to share experiences and learn from the incredible knowlage base of everyone here. And Robert sure brings a lot to the table.
Vinny
Old 01-09-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

While I don't think Robert is guilty of this, I don't think that sponsors or manufacturers should moderate a section. As much as honest people try to stay un-biased, it's a very tough thing to do, and can be avoided by simply finding new moderators.

Afterall, moderators don't have to know much about the section they're over to affectively moderate it.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

While I don't think Robert is guilty of this, I don't think that sponsors or manufacturers should moderate a section. As much as honest people try to stay un-biased, it's a very tough thing to do, and can be avoided by simply finding new moderators.
I agree 100%
Old 01-09-2006, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, Well since you asked I will respond
I will have to say this. Other than the rocky start I think you have done a good job lately as far as staying positive. I do not know where your Mod jobs come in and where they end. It seems to me that you have become the main salesman and spokes person for Nitrous Direct more than a MOD. So I do not know what you would be loosing by steping down for mod other than a a title under the name. So to be honest with you I do not know how it would matter either way. Im sure you will still be a productive member of the board offering your help to others and pushing sales regardless..

Now on another note where in the word do you find all the time to get on the computer as much as you do.LOL
Dave
Old 01-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Restricted User

F*ck it Robert, I had to vote Join the Army and come over sea's, I'd love to have a brother like you over here (Hawaii is considered overseas ). For real. But then again, I'm not sure your up to the tasks we do on a daily basis. My position is similar to a moderator at work, hahaha, but its getting to this position and wadding through all the bullshit that makes life worthwhile. Just like the bullshit you have to deal with, so keep moderating and say your blessings you dont have to deal with ******** like me while fighting in foreign lands.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks like "join the Army" is coming on strong
Old 01-09-2006, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

I think your one of the more skilled minds in this forum i have got alot of info from you i think you should stay as you are.

Originally Posted by Robert56
I am getting some heat for being biased (powers to be). Some members have complained that my posts are biased based on being hooked up with Nitrous Direct, and that I have an unfair advantage being a moderator. Please base your vote on how you feel about this issue. I will do as the poll commands. I myself feel I never have comprimised as a mod, and have always looked out for ls1tech and their sponsors. Furthermore, I also feel I give more input towards non NItrous Direct threads/replys in the form of tech for all brands and kits. If I don't, you can set me straight and no ill feelings will be had. I don't want to give up my modship, but if that's what is best for the site I will. Also, I truly enjoy helping others when/if I can, and that will not change whether I am a mod or not. Thanks
Robert
Old 01-09-2006, 10:36 PM
FormerVendor

Robert. I picked Join the army and Go over Seas just because I think you have alot of free time. Go make some big bucks so you can add three or four more stages on that car. LOL However I do not know if they let old guys like us in the army.LOL
Dave
Old 01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

They do im old lol
Old 01-09-2006, 10:42 PM
FormerVendor

I though past a certain age you could not join.
Dave
Old 01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What do you guys consider to be old?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

I think if your not over 35 your good
Old 01-09-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Im screwed...I was in the Marines. I got OUT back in 93 and I was in 6 years...doh!

**edit** as a matter of fact...i just turned 37 two minutes ago...its official...im old