Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Corvette Zex install

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Corvette Zex install

Who can help me figure out how to wire the white throttle position wire from a zex wet unit to the throttle position sensor on a C5 corvette (2001)?

It is a fly-by-wire throttle system.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Restricted User

It doesn't say in the directions...or did you get the kit used?

On a C5, I'm 90% sure, it is the purple wire. It has been a little while since I've done an install.

To find the proper wire from the TPS: use a voltmeter, with car ignition on, stab
the positive lead of the voltmeter into each wire while opening and closing the throttle. The correct wire will show a change in voltage as you open/close the throttle.

FOR OTHER D.B.W. users (drive by wire): for a C6 tap into the purple TPS wire at the lower rear of the plug ( i have seen 1 person say green wire here too...possibly 2 signals on the vette ). On a GTO it is the green wire at the top rear of the plug. ON a GTO, there is actually 2 TPS signals - one rising and one falling voltage. The green wire is the falling voltage signal and can be used.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Default Thanks, Zex said TPS is at peday

Zex tech informed me that the TPS is at the gas pedal. Is that true or is it at the throttle body. The C5 has a drive by wire system, the LS1 camaros use a cable system. Thanks for all your help!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Restricted User

There are wires that go near the fuel injection, along the rails, to the Throttle Body. Yes, there are NO cables, a C5 is DBW...but it does still need wires and those wires pass along the aforementioned area and go to the T.B.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Restricted User

Can a MOD move this to the Nitrous section so it can get more views and possibly a few other sources of insight? I know I like more than one opinion.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Default zex kit TPS wire

The zex tech told me the signal would not be accurate at the throttle body and needed to be tapped into at the gas pedal. It sounded strange to me and I was planning on calling again to try to speak with someone else. I don't know how to move this to the nitrous section.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Restricted User

Right click up in your browser address bar, copy and paste the link to this post into a new post in the nitrous section. I would do it for you but I have to leave to be at a customers.

I've done several installs on a C5 using the wire near the fuel injectors...without issues.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I hope I did the posting right. Thanks for all the info.

Quick Reply: C5 Corvette Zex install