Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FJO 341B E.M.S. with nitrous boost water controls

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FJO 341B E.M.S. with nitrous boost water controls

Just got off the phone with FJO and thought I would pass some cool stuff coming from FJO. The new341B. The is a fuel and spark engine managment system. Neat features are way to many to list but I will give some high lights.

o2 sencing.
Auto Tune(i will come back to this one.
spark controll (coil packs)
12 cylinder capable. ( come back to this one.)
can drive 7 stages of nitrous.
Progresive controlls
8 02 inputs $$$
boost controllers
water meth controllers
rich lean cut outs
lcd screen can plug in
gauges can plug in

Now after talking to FJO today this thing can run the engine in nitrous,boost, water meth mode and has timing table for each and in combination with each other. Can drive many nitrous systems at the same time. With the auto tune set up you can make a pass on nitrous and the computer adjust the fuel flow as needed (with in reason) ..
Now the cool thinking.

set the system up in true sequintel mode. 8 fuel injectors, and run 8 nitrous noids (one per runner) and allow the system to adjust the fuelinjectors if it needs to, by looking at your 8 o2 sensors. Now you do have to set this up and be close to start with. meaning you are not going to throw a junk tune in to start and go spray 800hp and be right in the world. that would be cool but not happening. You set the car up on a chassis dyno to start, get the tune close and then the auto tune will come in a help you run a cleaner pass each time down the track..and if something stupid happens you have the rich lean in place to shut the system down

Basicly this new system from Fred and Gerald can control anything that has to do with the engine and spark. Anything I tried to throw stupid things at them and the answer was always, "hang tight, yep it can do that" just connect this wire here and set the computer up this way. I WILL be getting one these bad boys once the car fires off the carb. and I know the engine and its owner are all good. lol

Ricky
Old 01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm...Direct port dry, can we afford this? boy these guys know there electronics don't they. nice sounding product.
Robert
Old 01-11-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

direct port dry with 8 noids and individual cylinder tuning and on the fly control with feedback for AF from 8 O2 sensors

COST?!?!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

PS...this is pretty much the dream system
Old 01-12-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

uhhh I but that's gonna cost a bundle so what's the bundle price?
Old 01-12-2006, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
direct port dry with 8 noids and individual cylinder tuning and on the fly control with feedback for AF from 8 O2 sensors

COST?!?!
8 noids would cost a pretty penny. You could run mafless, run one big noid dry as far upstream in the intake system as you could (airbox area) for better mixing and distribution when it gets to the intake. The o2 sensors for each cylinder would still tune the fuel per cyl.

I suppose we could run dry mafless now, and get the stock efi to add fuel using creative tricking techniques and some tweaking of certain tables with tuning software, but i'm sure the tuning would be limited and not exact. This new unit seems like you could set up a progressive dry and control the fuel right along with it very accurately. I like.

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 01-12-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds incredible!
Pricey but a definite over the top product.
Hawk
Old 01-12-2006, 10:03 AM

$$ to be determined but should be around 3k base system. Now the hole 8 noids was just an extreme thinking should never be needed. But this system could be the start of NO throttle body race CARS.
Ricky
Old 01-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
$$ to be determined but should be around 3k base system. Now the hole 8 noids was just an extreme thinking should never be needed. But this system could be the start of NO throttle body race CARS.
Ricky
Please explain how you could go w/o a tb. Thanks.

Nate
Old 01-12-2006, 10:49 AM
7 Second Club

use your nitrous for you air
Old 01-12-2006, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

This thing is definately over the top. So far every single situation that Ricky and myself have come up with, this system can do it. To answer Nates question, you could run the motor with out any ambient air because all of the oxygen would be provided by the 8 nitrous solenoids (one per cyl.).

This is what happens when a couple of space engineer computer guys get together and decide to build racing electronics. This EMS is way way ahead of anything on the market and is absolutely well worth the money. Keep an ear to the ground guys, as there are several other projects up their sleeve that are being R&D'ed.

Last edited by NXJeremy; 01-12-2006 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Just when I'm getting ready to get a FAST or BS3, I see this thread.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
8 noids would cost a pretty penny. You could run mafless, run one big noid dry as far upstream in the intake system as you could (airbox area) for better mixing and distribution when it gets to the intake. The o2 sensors for each cylinder would still tune the fuel per cyl.

I suppose we could run dry mafless now, and get the stock efi to add fuel using creative tricking techniques and some tweaking of certain tables with tuning software, but i'm sure the tuning would be limited and not exact. This new unit seems like you could set up a progressive dry and control the fuel right along with it very accurately. I like.

Yeah....but if I were building a dream system. Id use 8 noids RIGHT AT THE RUNNER. The noids would be hanging off the manifold with just enough room to put a jet and a fitting. This will yield the most HP possible since you would have the most dense nitrous charge possible. And it would also be controlled in a true sequential manner right alongside the injector.

As Jeremy said...could you imaging a system with so much control that you could idel pulsing the noids like injectors. Im just drooling thinking of the possibilties.

an EMS like this should be chaging things in the race world in the right hands IMO.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Please explain how you could go w/o a tb. Thanks.

Nate
Ok this is a race car only thinking. You need 2 15lbs. bottles. bottle 1 is for idleing and burnout. bottle 2 uses what is left of bottle 1 and bottle 2 for the race.

With out having to rely on the outside air you would yeild more power as a final number. The biggest problem with all nitrous systems is the WALL intake saturation. The point were you can no longer mover any more air. The engine can only digest X amount of air. No matter the size or the RPM there is always a wall. Street cars will never get close, but race cars using multi stages is another story. Also ever time you hit a system that nitrous is offsetting the incoming air. So the a closed system nitrous has more oxygen than the air we breathe, so for a givin cylce you have brought in more oxygen, meaning more fuel is need, yeilding more power.

So the air to make the engine idle and run is in the nitrous bottle. And this is nothing more than a brain child, or hypothisessssss. did not know how to spell. haha..
You jsut need a controll to controll the nitrous and fuel injected into an engine and of corse a TPS so the computer knows what to do.

Ricky
Old 01-12-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dry nitrous is the future.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spenser309
Dry nitrous is the future.
True for the hard heads, but a current reality for those in the know.
Robert
Old 01-12-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this ems, and another ems are the only ones i can think of that support it the way i would like for it to be supported, is that just a "i like it dry" statement or is there something else going on that i dont know about, robert?
I already have a dry dp in my mind using another ems, if i just had money.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
This thing is definately over the top. So far every single situation that Ricky and myself have come up with, this system can do it. To answer Nates question, you could run the motor with out any ambient air because all of the oxygen would be provided by the 8 nitrous solenoids (one per cyl.).

This is what happens when a couple of space engineer computer guys get together and decide to build racing electronics. This EMS is way way ahead of anything on the market and is absolutely well worth the money. Keep an ear to the ground guys, as there are several other projects up their sleeve that are being R&D'ed.
During a little IM chat with Jeremy I had just told him about ordereing new Bogarts to race on today...btw...Steve at SJM >>> is another great vendor...any way Jeremy knows what I just bought from LME in Houston, and asked about it...Jeremy, always having my best interest in mind suggested I consider this little jewel. All this as well sprung from a few lines of text in the pulsenoid thread we were the subject of a couple of lines of text. Anyway...there is a pdf price sheet...$3000 is about right. I am going to seriously look into this piece with my tuner. I now own a car capable of utilizing the features. The 341B looks like a very interesting black box. Now send money to macon@budweiser.com and i'll get one.
>> Macon Fikse FM 10 by day...Bogart D2 Bolted by night<< I'm pyschotic er a i mean psyched!!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Spencer - Nothing really going on that you don't know concerning the 341B, lol. It's just that with the capabalities and the control that the 341B give you it is a better setup to utilize a dry system and let the EMS take control of the fuel that needs to be added. This way you could set what hp jet you wanted in the nozzle(s) and tell the 341B that you want to keep x:1 A/F and it will make adjustments to keep that A/F (with in reason). Plus this thing can control two injectors per cylinder (maybe even three) so I don't think you'll have any worries about running out of fuel (assuming you have the rest of the fuel system up to snuff).