Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I would like a little info. Back from MAF owners.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like a little info. Back from MAF owners.

I would like to get some feed back Pm'ed to me on your maf install.. Likes dislikes, what YOU think I might do to improve the system.
Thanks
Ricky
Old 01-18-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I post my corrective criticism openly? Some insight you may or may not have seen.
Robert
Old 01-18-2006, 05:29 PM

hmmm,,,, lets see pm is what I was looking for. But it is an open forum, sure why not. The only way to make something better is to hear the good the bad of your own product.lol

Ricky
Old 01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get rid of the 90 degree fittings for both fuel and nitrous going into the maf kit. Seems like they are bound to be restrictive.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

The main thing that I have seen that could be better, is the way the noids crowd/distort the stock bellows, on some cars.
Robert
Old 01-18-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

I've already PMd you...but folks the basic system is plug and play as it can be. I'm adding my first window switch which is easy too once the circuit is fully absorbed. Get some brackets from Dave (that leave planty of room around the bellows) and it's pretty sweet. I did plumbing tonight. We mounted my Fuel Pressure Guage and Nitrous Pressure aguge too. Pillar gauges take time...Tough going for a guy 6'2" 285 lbs running all these wires. Ricky i'll share my total thoughts soon via PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

The c5/c6 maf kits have the noids bolted directly to the plate, no Dave's bracket.
Robert
Old 01-18-2006, 11:56 PM

Gold Z
those 90' are to clear a stock air box, I know they are not use most of the time. We can put a couple of different fitting choises in the system, for the end user to use or not use those 90's. Good point

I gotcha Robert, I did see a picture of that very thing. Been looking at going a little farther apart, just have not made up the old mind yet. Right now the over all flow distance is really short.

I thank everyone that has posted publicly and pm'ly.haha

Ricky
Old 01-19-2006, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

i like my maf system alot easy to install looks clean too. but id have ot agree on the 90deg fittings. and all so as much as the system is all ready i think it should come with the SHO line up grade in the kit.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:11 AM

SilverZ98 the Maf comes with the sho hose now. How old is your system?
Ricky
Old 01-19-2006, 12:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The maff system has alwasy been my favorite. As for current F-body maff. I think more would sell if it was not so expensive.. I think maybe some people really do not care to have a TPS switch so they can not see the advantage in paying the extra cost for it to come in the system..

Now the new style maff kit for the vettes need the TPS because that system is built for a drive by wire application.. However the f-body kit does not..

Dave
Old 01-19-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

ricky im sorry i didnt know the sho line comes with it now. my kit started out as a single nozzel. and i up graded fro ma friend that had the maf ends and the sho line all ready. and he told me he had ot buy that seperat. so i didnt know it comes with new kits. im sorry
Old 01-19-2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by silverZ98
ricky im sorry i didnt know the sho line comes with it now. my kit started out as a single nozzel. and i up graded fro ma friend that had the maf ends and the sho line all ready. and he told me he had ot buy that seperat. so i didnt know it comes with new kits. im sorry
Do you need one for your kit. let me know.
Ricky
Old 01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The maff system has alwasy been my favorite. As for current F-body maff. I think more would sell if it was not so expensive.. I think maybe some people really do not care to have a TPS switch so they can not see the advantage in paying the extra cost for it to come in the system..

Now the new style maff kit for the vettes need the TPS because that system is built for a drive by wire application.. However the f-body kit does not..

Dave
The vette guys don't need a tps either. I know of no one that use's one, just the wot micro sw, just added cost, imo.
Robert
Old 01-20-2006, 09:20 AM

Ok, so from what I am seeing is the,

90' need to go, or make provisions not to use them,
TPS is in Question
And the noid rub on the 1pc maf.

Anything else,?
Ricky
Old 01-20-2006, 10:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
The vette guys don't need a tps either. I know of no one that use's one, just the wot micro sw, just added cost, imo.
Robert
Robert,
I personaly prefer a TPS than a microswitch under the pedal. Dont get me wrong. We have done microswitches under the pedal on mustangs back in the day. On some of these new cars putting a switch under the pedal is dangerous. The throttlebody will not open as fast as you can push down the pedal. This can cause a huge problem. By leaving the TPS in this system you are iliminating the posibilty for disaster..

From my conversations with many people. Most of them prefer the TPS also and do not like the idea of a micro switch under the pedal. I always listen to the customer to see what is wanted and what they do not like. You do have a select few that want to save a few dollars and put it under the pedal.. But most want the TPS. The majority of people run a TPS.

Now on the regular maff kit for the F-bodys. This system does not have to have a TPS. You can safely run a wot switch with no problem. If the customer wants a TPS on it they could buy it seperatley..
Dave
Old 01-21-2006, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Macon
I've already PMd you...but folks the basic system is plug and play as it can be. I'm adding my first window switch which is easy too once the circuit is fully absorbed. Get some brackets from Dave (that leave planty of room around the bellows) and it's pretty sweet. I did plumbing tonight. We mounted my Fuel Pressure Guage and Nitrous Pressure aguge too. Pillar gauges take time...Tough going for a guy 6'2" 285 lbs running all these wires. Ricky i'll share my total thoughts soon via PM.
I guess i'm quoting myself and another PM sent...but how can it be any easier? I've tried to find problems to help make it better...but i'm coming up short. Nothing is perfect and i'd like to help make this better but hey... why change what isn't broken?