Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gentlemen i have a great idea to controll our drama (please read)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default gentlemen i have a great idea to controll our drama (please read)

Some members on this forum believe that having sponsors or representatives post in threads is unfair because they may be biased about a product or another companies product. I agree that this is unfair.

If all of you would be gentlemen (and i know you are) and follow this one simple rule then i believe all of these problems will come to a quick end and everyone will be happy.

when you start a thread in the nitrous forum, simply state in the title of the thread that you do not want sponsors or company representatives posting in that thread. if you do not specify they should feel free to.

Simply start your thread with TO/NS (Tech Only No Sponsors)

example: "TO/NS: hey what do you think about this window switch"

if you want the opinions of the sponsors or representatives then simply do not put this.

i dont want to step on anyones toes, but i actually like the input of the representatives and i dont want to see any more drama bullshit going on.

does this sounds fair? moderators?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's a good idea, but at the same time I also learn a lot from sponsors that I wouldn't have if I did the "TO/NS" thing.

I also think you're going to have a hard time selling this one because like it or not the sponsors do keep this wonderful board free for us, and shutting them out from threads probably wouldn't go over so well.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

The first step in "controlling our drama" would be for people like you to stop making threads like this.

No offense, of course.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ummmmmmmmm

Two of the sponsors (NX Ricky and NX Jeremy, and than Robert56) have some of, if not the BEST tech there is. The forum wouldn't be the same without them chiming in.

That's my 2 cents...
Old 01-18-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

i know in my original post i said I LIKE THE INPUT of them sponsors. personally. but aparently some people dont. and if you like their input the let them. this is just for the select few that are having problems with it.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
The first step in "controlling our drama" would be for people like you to stop making threads like this.

No offense, of course.
Hmm. I agree to a degree. You can't control what isn't controlable.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK
ummmmmmmmm

Two of the sponsors (NX Ricky and NX Jeremy, and than Robert56) have some of, if not the BEST tech there is. The forum wouldn't be the same without them chiming in.

That's my 2 cents...
I agree. The idea of a Thread is to compose a collection of opinions, facts, ideas, and experience. Additionally, we have a search function so that in the future, people who are doing research or have a question to answer, would be sold short of the right information only because the thread starter himself thought that he wouldn't receive good advice for the fear of succumbing to a sales pitch.

LS1Tech is by far the best resource for our cars around, mainly because moderators have the experience (and thus are qualified) to answer advanced questions. This isn't a political board where opinions are all that count, we're here for factual data as well. What better people than sponsors and mods, people who are experts in their chosen areas on the boards, to answer questions members put forward?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

ok. well i was just wondering waht you guys think, i just needed others opinion to counter my logic. makes sense
Old 01-18-2006, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know. We should use ESP(Especialy Slow People) to control the problem.

By the time they reply this problem should be solved