Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new motro is 99% done. Simple NX MAF 150 shot. Comments welcome.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new motro is 99% done. Simple NX MAF 150 shot. Comments welcome.

In case you are new here is the story. I started hanging out here just over a year ago. I was running a bolt on 2000 Camaro with beautiful Fikse FM10 wheels, headers and a Zex wet nitrous system. We built an appropriate suspension, 12 Bolt Strange rear, shift kit and some bolt ons. I was running 8.125 1/8 miles never tuned. I had the opportunity to purchase a cam, heads, intake and had cam bearing issues, Since the motor was apart and needed new rings, cam bearings and I has all this new stuff, we contacted Bryan at LME in Houston...we ended up with this Black Beast...Iron 408 Forged botton, FM13-114 Cam, AFR 205 Mongoose heads (the smaller ones), FAST intake. We had the NX MAF system in a box slated to be installed in August...but we had to install things in order and kept using the ZEX kit. In the mean time Dave Vasser and I have become phone friends...I buy everything from him...almost everything! Thunder Racing sure does help too! And now SJM with the Bogarts! Anyway...i'm the luckiest guy I know...great friends like Dave and guys like Ricky and Jeremy that put up with my IM and PM and BS!! Guys like Robert and AL always here to help out with an issue or to put me straight when I have a hairbrained scheme. Anyway long story shortened: What do you think:

The MSD Window Switch mounted nicely with the TPS, main fuse for system and relay. We kept everything on very short wire runs between components,

Even the Tach wire slipped into a factory loom to be routed to PIN 10 on the plug to be soldered into the line. The purge line will be fitted tomorrow. I need to cover the main Nitrous feed line I think...it is fine mechanically...just needs to be finished off a bit.

I wasn't certain how I like the fuel line...but it looks real good and it's up high off the belts.

NX Ricky's bracket and Dave's modified plumbing were clean. The system looks unobtrusive for a wet system.

860 Performance shelf, NX opener and Dyno Tune Nitrous Warmer.

NX Switch panel. Id love to see an LED light when the bottle is opened or closed...I may build a current sense circuit to do that.

My gauges - Autometer Carbon Fiber. They look good and work well.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey watch out for the window controller im having some problems with mine- it wont even turn on now (the nitrous)- lemme know how it goes though
Old 01-23-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Macon,

Nice work, you can tell you really researched and planned everything out before buying.
Vinny
Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02Vortech
Hey watch out for the window controller im having some problems with mine- it wont even turn on now (the nitrous)- lemme know how it goes though
I've seen your posts and have taken note. I plan on a FJO controller in the near future. My pick up on the MSD is that it needs to stay dry and away from heat...it's not a sealed box as you've probably noticed. Nitro Dave gave me MSD's number and I called concerning mounting. They gave me the go ahead for under the hood away from heat...so we will see as they say. But thanks!! You know you'll hear from me if it fails!!

Vinny - Your informative posts helped me as well. No doubt about that!!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks GREAT!
Hawk
Old 01-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Very nice.
Ricky
Old 01-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Nice looking set-up. How long before we see some numbers?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks very nice!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ben01C5
Nice looking set-up. How long before we see some numbers?
ASAP...believe me!! Thanks for the compliments...just finished the purge (for now)...done but for the tuning and I have a pocket full of jets.

...and I have several filled bottles...

Last edited by Macon; 01-23-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

It all looks really good Macon. I really like the bracket from Dave with the hardline from the solenoids to the MAF housing, it looks very clean.

Now I've repeatedly said it in your other thread and through Aim with you.....Lets see some dyno numbers and timeslips! haha.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hard lines to the nozzles... Nice touch! Looks good. Good luck!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
It all looks really good Macon. I really like the bracket from Dave with the hardline from the solenoids to the MAF housing, it looks very clean.

Now I've repeatedly said it in your other thread and through Aim with you.....Lets see some dyno numbers and timeslips! haha.
I keep telling you 20 NA and 23 on the bottle...whoops that's my IQ after a beer. The car goes to the Dyno friday night and the 1/4 m track Feb 26th.

Last edited by Macon; 01-23-2006 at 09:13 PM.