Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New NX Sytem...Any Advice?

Old 04-28-2006, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New NX Sytem...Any Advice?

Hey guys. I've been a member on her for a while but haven't posted much due to being in Iraq for a while. I recently took advantage of a deal a guy threw at me due to getting a divorce. I stole a complete NX NXL sytem good to 180 shot with accessory kit ie. purge kit, bottle heater, remote bottle opener, and everything else to the kit for $650. The kit is brand new and had never been taken out of the packaging. I have a 99 T/A that the rings were going on. I don't have a lot of money so I am going through the shortblock and forging it (can't afford a stroker at this moment). I am however going to install cam, stall, gears, Lt's, and ORY when it goes back together. Any advice would be appreciated as all of my nitrous experience has been on single plane carb'd vehicles not EFI. Also if someone could tell me how to post pics I will as I have already put the system on the intake and am just waiting to get the rest of the motor finished up.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Follow the install instructions and be sure to have an adequate fuel system and nitrous safety devices hooked up. On a forged setup you can run a huge shot with tuning and the fuel system to support it.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. I live in Houston so I am at the hands of a few different places as far as a tune goes ( MTI, HPE, and so forth). Anyone have any opinions on how there tunes are. I want someone who is going to do the absolute best they can do on this tune and not just tune it ok and say there you go.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99T/A
Thanks. I live in Houston so I am at the hands of a few different places as far as a tune goes ( MTI, HPE, and so forth). Anyone have any opinions on how there tunes are. I want someone who is going to do the absolute best they can do on this tune and not just tune it ok and say there you go.
The best is to do it learn to do it yourself because almost all shops will not do a very thorough job, they will get the WOT AFR where you want it though. If you do it yourself then you will be able to get a very accurate tune and can easily change it when you get more mods. Tuning your car yourself IMO is the best mod, at least it was for me.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Cool. Thanks for the advice.

Search this Thread