Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The difference between HSW Edge Vs. FJO Digital Progressive Controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The difference between HSW Edge Vs. FJO Digital Progressive Controller

Kind of a simple question. Tried searching but didnt find much. All Ive learned so far is one has a display, one doesnt and one is set with rpm while the other is timed controlled. Between the two what are the major diffs that seperate the two and make one better or worst?
Just to make this simpler all I'm really looking for is something very safe, thatll give me the control needed for traction, and user friendly. Looking to spray a 175-200 shot.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:46 PM
FormerVendor

Rpm is the big one, well for now at least. The edge also has a built in A/F switch, works off narrowband or wideband O2s. PM Matt@HSW and he can send you the manual if you'd like.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Teching In

I have the FJO duel stage. It doesn't have a display, but uses a USB connection to your computer to control settings, very friendly to use. It uses either time control or RPM progression. I also like the first gear lock out feature if you wish. The size is small and compact. Has TSP and RPM window switch integrated. Very nice package and functionality for the $200 price tag.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nick@hsw
Rpm is the big one, well for now at least. The edge also has a built in A/F switch, works off narrowband or wideband O2s. PM Matt@HSW and he can send you the manual if you'd like.
Ill shoot him a PM. What do you mean by for now? What does the future hold and how long will it be? So what else besides the rpm? Thanks for the replies also.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jauch
I have the FJO duel stage. It doesn't have a display, but uses a USB connection to your computer to control settings, very friendly to use. It uses either time control or RPM progression. I also like the first gear lock out feature if you wish. The size is small and compact. Has TSP and RPM window switch integrated. Very nice package and functionality for the $200 price tag.
What shot are you using?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Teching In

150 - custom NOS kit.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Ill shoot him a PM. What do you mean by for now? What does the future hold and how long will it be? So what else besides the rpm? Thanks for the replies also.

They can flash new software and capabilities to the edge as far as i know. They also have a external port that Matt says they will begin to utilize in the near future.

I have the FJO.. it is a nice piece, and cheap. But if i would have had the extra money I may have jsut went with the Edge
Old 05-02-2006, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

There is an update coming, I can't get into features now but there will be a post detailing them when the update is available. We did add a new progressive method in the update that no one else is using that is very cool in the functionality department. There is also a hand full of new features too.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Matt, can ya clue us in on what those new features are?? ....also the FJO..where does it plug into your car at? and once you have it programed do you still leave your laptop in your car when you make runs?The computor does look cool sitting in your car on test&tune night...
Old 05-02-2006, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

1 big differance would be that you need a laptop to program/use the FJO as with the Edge everything is right there in front of you on the display. just that alone makes it worth not having to plug in and power up a laptop everytime you wanna check things. both are great products though. a/f switch on the Edge is awsome.

the upgrades to the Edge are gonna be sweet...keep a look out guys!!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

THe FJO unit is a completely sealed unit. It is also very durable. So it can be mounted any where and take some serious abuse.

The unit has a built in window switch,TPS and first gear lock out. It can controll two stages.

The unit not only can be progressed by time base but also can be progressed by RPM.. This is great for the guy playing on the street.

The 206 dollar unit does not work directly with a wideband. It requires a extra box.

Dave
Old 05-02-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for all the good info