Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help...fuel solenoid keeps running

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help...fuel solenoid keeps running

Just installed a wet kit on my '04 Z06, have it all plumbed and wired up, all seems well. Before i try it for the first time, i decided to test out the noids. Pulled the N2O and Fuel lines from the plate and let hang loose with a towel under both ends to catch the fluids. Stated the car, turned on the arming switch, then disconnected the ground side of the noids from my FJO controller and jumped over to the negative side of my battery. Both noids kick off shooting out fluids, but when I take the jumped wire off the neg- battery the N2O stops coming out, as it should, but the fuel keeps running. Anyone have a clue what to check. Both the N2O and Fuel are wired parallel with each other. Please help.

thanks in advance.

-tim
Old 05-03-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure it's not just the fuel that's already in the nozzle and the line from the noid to the nozzle dripping out? That's gotta be it unless the noid isn't closing. You could tear down the noid and look at the plunger. Is the kit new?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Teching In

it's not leakage after the noid is off, its very much pressure behind it, it's a used kit. The noid isn't labeled which is neg and positive both wires are red, how do i tell which is which. I've tested the noid and it works both was. Or does it matter. The noid is a NOS cheater. Could it still be the plunger in the noid, never torn one appart?
Old 05-03-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a coil, doesn't matter which wire goes where.
Use a volt meter, or test light and make sure that it's not staying powered some how. If that's not it I'd tear the noid down.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

If they are wired in parallel and the N2O noid turns off then its impossible for the Fuel noid to remain powered up. Tear it down and replace the plunger.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Teching In

I'll check all the wiring to the noids again, and check the plunger in the fuel solenoid and I'll get back with and update tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

-tim
Old 05-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Trash at the piston to seat area, OR the noid is installed wrong. I last 7 years I have seen 2 fuel noids that were labeled or stamped incorrectly. When you take the noid apart, the area under the tower you will see 2 holes off center to the part, that is the inlet. The outlet is in the middle.
Make sure the fittings match up.

Ricky
Old 05-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Ok, this afternoon, I pulled out the fuel noid, disassembled and inspected all parts, very clean and installed correctly, reassembled. I went ahead and ran all new wiring for the N20 and Fuel Noids, made all new connections and ran them in parallel with one another, pluged the Positive side of the noids into the relay at termanal 87 and the other goes onto the ground side of my FJO controller. I stated the car with the arming switch on, pulled the ground of the noids from the fjo controller and jumpered it to the negative side of the battary. The first three or so hits on the ground side, both noids shot on and off just fine, then the last time fuel just continues to pour out, even with the ground off the battary neg-. But I do hear something that sounds like its running, it might just be that the noid gets stuck open and what I'm hearing is the cars fuel pump run. Any other suggestions? before i get another Fuel Noid.

thanks guys.

-tim
Old 05-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Restricted User

I'd replace the fuel noid with a new one. I have had several used NOS Cheater noids act like this. All of them on the fuel side too. One reason I switched to Dry for now. Its almost as if the Cheaters arent really up to the task of the increased Fuel Pressure the LSx uses, compared to other vehicles. GL

Charlie
Old 05-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Teching In

What other noid other than the NOS cheater would you recommend?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Unless you are running 80PSI plus then the Cheater fuel solenoids will work fine. Sounds like the plunger is hanging up in the stem. Make sure the spring is not bound up etc.