Sponsored by:

Nitrous Flow Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Nitrous Flow Problem

I have a bastardized 2 stage dry kit.
4 an line feeding into a NX Iceman solenoid. From there, out to a 1/8 npt T fitting.
It then flows to 2 small NOS noids. (Basically the big NX noid and 1 of the small NOS noids are wired together as stage 1 and the second small noid is wired to a push button activated relay)
I did this this way for safety. Lock up would have to occur at the NX noid and one of the NOS noids for failure to occur. Also, the second stage can only come on if stage 1 is working (no nitrous flows past the NX noid if stage 1 is closed) Stage one has the widow switch and TPS switch.
Going out of each NOS noid I have the usual 3 AN lines going to a NX Shark nossle. Both sides are each pilled using a 52 pill. The single nozzle is in the airbox.
Based on the 2 52 pills = 200 rwhp pills, 900 psi bottle pressure, we made 160 rwhp and 240 rwtq extra on a fairly rich 11.2 AFR.
Just how much can I flow out of this system?
I have plenty of pump and injector and can scale the MAF as needed.
But I want to know what the limit is on the nitrous side.
I think the bottleneck is the T fitting out of the NX noid into the NOS noids.
But I need to know how much the NX noid wil flow, how much the small NOS solenoids will flow, and also how much HP a 20' 4AN line will flow.
Of course, since I am dry, I can always increase bottle pressure and see what that does. (I assume more flow, up to a point)

I have a spare NX kit, so I could redo the system and have the 2 stages completely separate from the bottle forward. (Separate 4 an lines, 2 iceman noids, 2 shark nossles being used as dry) I am sure that would flow a bit more, but would it be worth the effort?
If the current setup can get me 300 RWHP, then change is not needed.
Someone said the small NOS noids should do up to 150HP each. Can the NX do 300? Can the single 4AN line flow enough to support a 300 shot?

Advise?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Large NX noid is good for atleast 300hp.. The problem is all those turns and the pressure drops you are probably going to see across the noids.
Good thing you are dry, start small and work your way up. The MAF should be able to do the work.

The two 52 should have made the power but like you said way rich flow is being hampered some where.

Ricky
Old 05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks Ricky. Anyone else?
Still looking for the 4An and Small NOS noid capabilities.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not up to date on what jet size = what shot size. My dry setup is in my sig, and I run jetless. Stage 1 can flow around 140+/- and so can stage 2. Mine is simple, -4 into a NOS 'T', with a 5177 Noid on each end of the 'T' and out to their respective nozzles. Part of your issue may be all the phase changing, or the smaller T your using, or nozzle. I tried using the Shark nozzle for the same type setup and it didnt work as well, even after drilling out the passages and playing with mounting location. GL

Charlie