Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When do you know when you motor is ready for NOS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When do you know when you motor is ready for NOS?

A friend of mine just purchased a 2002 SS M6 with only 563 miles on it. Well he added add some miles on it already. He's starting to buy parts for it like his head and cam package, bolt on's, etc. He wants to spray a wet shot but is not sure if it's to soon. I wanted to hear from you guys your opinions of when it's safe to spray. Should he wait a certain amount of milage, is it safe to spray know, or what do you guys think?
Old 05-09-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

only 5XX miles on it! yeah your going to want to wait for the rings to settle down alittle more, i know that with new stockers you want to give the rings time to settle down, i know this sounds alittle funny but the motor is gettin stronger with the more miles you put on it until about after 1500 miles on it.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

should have came with nitrous off the showroom floor if you ask me...
Old 05-09-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some people think you need to be gentle on these engine when you break them in. I think you should break it in how you plan on driving it the whole time you own it.

For example: When I bought my new Formula back in 2001 I left the dealership sideways and just last weekend the car was still running its *** off at the track with the new owner behind the wheel and almost 80k miles on it.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Restricted User

I think the whole big mileage break in is for older ring materials and deisgns. I raced my new engine with 26miles on it. "tested" the nitrous kit out with less than 500 miles. Anyway, when your buddy finds this site and hops on the Nitrous Forum, thats when its time for him to spray Adivce, read the FAQ's Sticky.