Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help. FJO bogging

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help. FJO bogging

went to the track a couple weeks back. and the nitrous was working fine up until that night. everytime i launched from then on it would bog so horribly. the only thing i can think of is the fuel solenoid isnt pulsing like it should even though it is connected to the same wire as the nitrous ground. can anyone help me here. its making my 60ft.s 2.6 and 2.7.........

thanks
Old 05-27-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

no one can help? i just went back and made sure every thing works fine. every connection is correct and all the connections are tight and secured. so please anyone got any suggestions?
Old 05-27-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

i think it's time for you to invest in a wideband my friend
Old 05-27-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

o its bogging because its so rich. my friends said i was just dumping black smoke until i got her moving. but yeah i am gonna get a wideband. thats next paycheck.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Restricted User

Dumping in fuel...

I am not too familiar w/ the FJO, but heres somethings to check the system for..

-Rule out purging since it is doing it every run, if it was only the initial run sure, but not your case.
-dirty nitrous filter, might make it hard to get the juice flowing
-FJO cylcing the nitrous solenoid (pulsing) but not the fuel, so there is all the gas but half the oxygen. Kind of covered by you in your initial post.. are both wires from both noids hooked up to the same connections, you said the ground is, but what about the positive?
-Wrong jetting? Would make the launch and the entire run like ****.
-Is there a FPSS built in, or wired in? I had some horrible bogging also, not off the line, about midtrack when my intank fuel pump hose blew apart...starved the engine for fuel so bad it bogged, but not enough fuel in there to blow the it up...lucky me.
-What size shot are you running? I know NXL DP had a issue very similar to this when jetted above 180. It would bog and cause crap short times. The culprit was said to be the fuel system was dumping fuel in for the nitrous system, but being hooked off the rails it was starving the cylinders. Resulted in lean spike on a WB, black smoke out the pipe, at launch, and then the car would rocket once the fuel system recovered. If you can run a dedicated fuel system thats one way to prevent this, the NXL you couldnt run a separate fuel system. Another is to do a front mount adj. FPR with return line, the front mounts maintain pressure better.

Again, sorry I am not in the know with FJO, they have a lot of good products and I just haven't gotten around to buying any of them yet.

Charlie
Old 05-28-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the help- yes the power to bost solenoids is off of one. - i havent checked the jetting i will do so. i will check everything out. Thank you very much- i will get back 2 u
Old 05-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Restricted User

Well I hope you figure it out, whether from my post, someone elses, or just luck. This motivates enough that I want to buy one once I get back to the mainland just to be able to have an intimate working knowledge of it. Might have to do that.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

for the price you cant beat it
Old 05-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Restricted User

Well I was tossing up selling my car once I get it back to the mainland..of course clean it up some, make her look a little more desireable, so I've been holding off on any further purchases. But the FJO with all the integrated features is high on the list if the mods continue.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

agreed- i think im selling my FJO if you want. im selling and going with a single 60-1 t3/t4 single turbo set-up and im just gonna get it running @ 5 psi for a while. i might be selling them real soon. if you want i can give you a good deal on an fjo that has been used maybe 9 1/4 mile runs
Old 05-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Restricted User

I seen your FI post If my car doesnt sell, I plan on stepping over and up to a truck manifold T-76 (or similar) single hairdryer as well...but I will keep a lil nitrous on the side for that extra "cooling" power. Shoot me a pm with price and model #/PN. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:22 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when testing my ol style maximizer. I usually dry fire my system with a very slow progression so I can listen and feel the noids as the ramp up. I disable the rpm so it activates off of the WOT with the engine not running, ignition on, stand alone fuel pump unplugged and bottle valve off. If your fueling off the rail you can pull the fuel pump fuse. good luck and let us know what you find
Old 05-29-2006, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

I was thinking maybe the fuel noid might be completely opening while maybe the nitrous noid is working off the progressive and causing way to much fuel at launch until the N20 noid catches up. You can run an experiment and make the FJO 100% from the start and see if you still get the bogging..

Dan