Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best dry kit???

Old 05-28-2006, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question best dry kit???

Yes, I have searched. I would just like some info from you dry kit users before i take the plunge. I will be upgrading the injectors, rails, and pump. Any suggestions on what kit as well as what injectors, rails, and pump, would be great. I would like to start out spraying 100-125 then maybe graduating to 150 - 175. Will tr6 plugs be cold enough? Do you think i will need any other upgrade beide a new rear end?

Old 05-28-2006, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 05-28-2006, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

could have trans problems. clutch if your a M6 or the 4L60E might just not be able to handle the torque spike.

also i think the reason your not getting any replys is bc they all agree to disagree on a best kit. and most of them will just say this

check our sponsers on the right hand side of your page.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Restricted User

Mod list would help on other upgrades to recommend. however, injectors should be large enough to support your desired output. e.g. I use FMS 42lb injectors, take-offs from a Lightning and can shoot well over 250rwhp and make around 420rwhp NA. Pump, most use Walbro 255L intank with hotwire kit, Racetronix makes a nice setup, same size pump but installation is much nicer having the flexible GM Fuel hose in the tank. TR-6 are good choice, some prefer the Autolite. Your rails are sufficient for quite a lot of power, I think it was Parish that made 1000rwhp on stock lines and rails turbo truck, not sure if truck rails and lines are larger...but stock rails are fine, unless you want to use a front mounted FPR.
Dry kits:
Nitrous Daves or NX: Halo pretty cool little setup fits under the lid. Also there is a dual nozzle dry kit.
CF/Nitrous Direct: Has the Pro Dry kit, using SS hardware for the nozzles and similar to the NOS 5177 kit.
Zex has a single nozzle IIRC but havent heard, or seen a lot of ppl with it.
NOS 5177 seems to be the most popular dry setup. Easy to install, and effective. I would feel good about using any of them.
Dynotune I believe has a dry setup as well.
I personally use a mutt w. 5177 being the main base. Bottom line is it comes down to what do you get, one kit may throw in a FPSS or Nitrous Filter, but other than that they are all good performers. Customer service should be a consideration as well.

Charlie
Old 05-28-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by waiting2bl33d
also i think the reason your not getting any replys is bc they all agree to disagree on a best kit. and most of them will just say this

check our sponsers on the right hand side of your page.
Might also be its the holiday weekend and people are outside...

I have used 3 of the 4 LS1tech Nitrous vendors.

I have been very satisfied with all three.

What I would do is contact each of the Big four, ask what they recommend, and go with what appeals to you price and product wise.

The Big four here in alphabetical order is
DynoTune (Dean or Dan) Great Bottle Opener/Heater, Gauges, Dry Kits
HSW (Matt) I really like his Black products like the bottle bracket/hoses etc, cool full wrap bottle blanket. He has injectors and Pumps, as well as some custom Dry Kits
Nitrous Direct (Scott) Cold Fusion and now NX Dealer, Cold fusion based custom Dry Kits
Nitrous Outlet (Dave) Long time favorite here at LS1tech, only one with the Halo Kit, has NX, NOS, his own Nitrous Outlet line and I think Zex Kits, has pumps, not sure on injectors.

Any one of them will work with you on what you want for nozzles, jetting etc.
IMHO its worth talking to all of them before you buy.

Last edited by Beer99C5; 05-28-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAT3
Nitro Daves Halo pretty cool little setup fits under the lid. Also there is a dual nozzle dry kit.
Charlie
I like that one. I think the clear MTI lid looks cool with a kit similar to the 5177. A note: I'd check with MTI on their lids i've been waiting since early March for a Carbon Fiber lid...so long I finally settled for a black one...assuming that gets here??
Old 05-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Restricted User

Hmmm...looking at my sig I think I see a 5177 Hybrid on a MTI Clean Lid I will say I should have waxed the inside or coated it somehow. Theres a slight fogging on the lid in the spray pattern Might take time to rub it out and coat it later.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Thanks everyone. The only mods I currently have is a lid and an 80 series slowmaster. I plan to install headers, pullies, stall, and some juice. I have 3.23 gears.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Definately get some headers and Id prob get a different exhaust because people say flowmasters are nott good. I have no experience, just based off of heresay. Also I would look into getting a wet kit if you are wanting to spray that much, it would be much safer I would think. Maybe buddy has the dynotune wet kit his 75 shot hits as hard as my 100 shot...At least it seems. But def do a stall before the nitrous man trust me I wish I wouldve.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well my choice would be the Nitrous Direct in house speced PRO Dry based on the CF 400hp Pro noid(s), and is dual nozzle. I helped spec this kit after pimping the NOS 5177 for a long time. Our goal was to put out a kit that was better. We feel this is now the premium dry kit, bar none. Check what the kit includes, and the quality then the value based price. You can't go wrong.
Nonsense to the statement that wet is safer. I also run former Lighting SVO 42lb injectors which at our press is about 48lb'ers. In my personal web site under links is company that sells the SVO's for a good price, and I have no connection with them what so ever.
Cat gave you some good advice. You will have good luck on your choice as long as you stick with a site vendor. Let me know if I can help in any way. Have you seen the PRO Dry intro thread?
Robert
Old 05-30-2006, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We also offer a good selection in dry systems.
We offer a single nozzle dry for 349.00
A dual nozzle dry for 400
And our competition Series Dry for 499.99.
All of our systems have lifetime warrenty 300hp solenoids with purge port desighn and 20 ft main feed lines.

The competition series just liek the standard dual nozzle dry but has a few accessories like the fuel pressure safety switch,nitrous pressure gauge,NHRA fitting and blow down tube.

We also carry the Racetronix fuel systems for 249.00

It looks like everyone git your questions answered so I thought I would just stop in and let you know what we offer dry wise.
Dave
Old 05-30-2006, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Will i need to reduce timing for the 125 shot? If so how many degrees should i pull?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:06 PM
FormerVendor

Not if your running the stock timing map (no timing added via a tune).

Matt

Originally Posted by memphisTa
Will i need to reduce timing for the 125 shot? If so how many degrees should i pull?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

so basically I will just need to recalibrate for the larger injectors and the new stall and i should be good to go.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by memphisTa
so basically I will just need to recalibrate for the larger injectors and the new stall and i should be good to go.
Yep, and recalibrating is a breeze. I can walk anyone through the process. I have all the tried and true numbers for any size injector and it's just a matter of replacing your existing numbers with the up sized numbers, to put it in a easy way to understand. Even if you go another kit I'll help out if needed.
Robert
Old 05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the help everyone. Now i just need to take the dive.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 12ohhhhLS1
i dont see how one kit would be better than another as long as the soleniods work and can handle the shot you plan on spraying.....
A little experiance with a few different kits will surely show you the difference, ie: component quality, sol orifice size, sol build and amp draw, nozzle style, nozzle quanity, nozzle engineered location, materials used and many, many more considerations.
Robert
Old 05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Like Robert said there are many variables.
This is why I recommend talking to each Vendor.

Kit Variables
1. Length of Mainline say 14'-16' to noid mounted on front of engine or 18-20' to mount on noid near aircleaner.
2. Solenoid Design
---Side In Side out, or Side in Bottom Out
---Size of Planned Hit (Smaller less expensive noid or a bigger more expensive noid? Are you going to go bigger later?)
---Color/Finish might be important if a show car
3. Nozzle
---Single Nozzle or Dual Nozzle?
---Location and type nozzle may dictate the final AFR (VERY IMPORTANT!)
--------Straight through, 45°, 70°, or 90° exit style nozzles.
4. Accessories
---Really Need a Bottle heater? Yes!
---Nitrous Filter? Yes!
---Purge? Yes!

Search this Thread