Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New track Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Import Patrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New track Problem!

I am posting this in the drag tech section. But I am posting it here to, because this centers aroung n2o.

I went to the track over the weekend to attempt a new PB! I started out bad, because is was over 95degrees .

Here is a summary of my set-up.

T-rex cam
Fast 90/90
42lb injectors
Fast rails
Yank ss4000
NX wet kit (150 jets)
3.73's

So my first pass on the hose, was 12.9 with a 2.4 60ft, (28x10 sportsman's) did a burn out down the whole track!
Problem on this pass, (I thought my n2o pressure gauge was screwed, so I did not bother to check it, because I did not have the bottle heater on. After that run, I realized the psi was over 1600lbs. I got lucky as hell nothing broke!
So between the 300ft burnout, heat. And I felt the n2o spraying thru the converter.

After I put the slicks on the car. I ran a 11.4 @ 116mph with a 1.57 60ft. NOw here is the problem. I ran a 11.02 @ 120 mph last year with a 1.57 60ft, with a 230x224 (rather then the t-rex), stock injectors, rails, intake and a 3500 stall.

THe car was not shifting till about 6800 rpms, and I was traping at around the same rpm. As the rpm climbed the car sounded like it was sputting kinda. My only guess is that I was blowing thru the converter. My window switch is set up from 3000 to 6000 activation

What would you suggest in doing to fix this?

A) Change rear gears!
B) Lower the activation from 6000 to maybe 5600
C) Lower the shot to (100shot)
D) Get a smaller converter.

I would like to leave the converter in. So that would be my last option!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Restricted User

Try shifting earlier, I noticed on my car shifting NA 6900 and nitrous now shifting at 5800 is a nice increase. I was shifting on juice same as NA. Converter may not be happy with the sauce, but not sure on that. You mean lower the WS off to 5600 correct? I would play with WS off and shift rpm. I havent seen too many nitrous cars with 4k stall doing really well. Not that I have polled the top runners on stall size, simply saying mine, and some other I have seen seem to not do so well with them.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by CAT3
Try shifting earlier, I noticed on my car shifting NA 6900 and nitrous now shifting at 5800 is a nice increase. I was shifting on juice same as NA. Converter may not be happy with the sauce, but not sure on that. You mean lower the WS off to 5600 correct? I would play with WS off and shift rpm. I havent seen too many nitrous cars with 4k stall doing really well. Not that I have polled the top runners on stall size, simply saying mine, and some other I have seen seem to not do so well with them.

I can adjust the shift points. And etc. I know my car is not really set up for the juice. With running the t-rex and a 4000 stall. It is more set-up for n/a. But have the juice just to get a nice track slip Before I put the 4000 stall, I called yank and they told me that a 4000 stall would be the highest I could go.