Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is progressive controller good idea for 150 shot or less?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is progressive controller good idea for 150 shot or less?

I am toying with the idea of getting a progressive controller for my NOS 5177 kit. I guess my first question should be will the 5177 kit even work with a progressive controller?

Second, is it worthwhile to go progressive if I only plan to spray a max of 150? My reasoning is it would be nice to gradually get into the 150 for traction, but I also want to be as easy on the engine/drivetrain as I can too. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Yup, you can use a progressive controller with a dry kit, although on your kit you might only want to pulse the second solenoid. You have it right, it'll allow you to start spraying a bit sooner and maintain traction, with the added bonus of the initial hit being a bit easier on everything.

Matt
Old 05-31-2006, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

I think you answered your own question, TRACTION. That's the reason I went with the NOS controller. You can program it very easily from the remote in less than a minute. If traction is good you dont need a ramp-up, if its bad just change the programing.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The progressive controller is desighned to gradually bring in the nitrous in applications where traction is limited. It is also desighned to gradually ramp up to a larger shot so that you are not hitting the car with everything at once.

My personal opinion is that you are defeating the purpose of the nitrous to progress a 150 shot. 3/4 of the race is in the 60 foot time. If you can not make a 150 shot bite to the track I would suggest spending the money on suspension parts and you will see a bigger gain for your money. There is no sense in adding HP if it can not be planted to the ground.
Dave
Old 05-31-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the responses guys!

By pulsing the solenoids, does this shorten their life span (specifically in the case of my 5177 solenoids).
Old 05-31-2006, 10:00 AM
FormerVendor

It can. What you could do is pulse your current one(s) and then upgrade to a lifetime warranty solenoid at the end of the season, so you'll be covered (like our solenoids, sorry, had to plug ours lol).

Matt

Originally Posted by bowtieman81
Thanks for the responses guys!

By pulsing the solenoids, does this shorten their life span (specifically in the case of my 5177 solenoids).