Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Question for nitro daves stand alone fuel cell.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Question for nitro daves stand alone fuel cell.

Are all you guy's connecting the vacume line on the fuel pressure regulator to your manifold? I tried this and armed my nitrous kit at WOT(spaying only fuel) without opening the nitrous bottle just for testing the nitrous fuel system at WOT.When doing this my stand alone fuel pressure was at 58 psi on the first shift and the went to 53 psi on the second shift at WOT. I did this to try and get rid of the initail lean spike and to get rid of the fuel pressure dip at WOT on nitrous. Is anyone using the vacume line on the fuel pressure regulator sucsessfully or should I just disconect it? what is working for you all? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:50 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not connect that to vaccum. It needs to stay constant at the fuel pressure you set. This way it will be easier to tune and will not cause lean spikes.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Do not connect that to vaccum. It needs to stay constant at the fuel pressure you set. This way it will be easier to tune and will not cause lean spikes.
Thank's, It does seem to work better with the vacume hose disconnected.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Correct.

Also...don't adjust your fuel pressure regulator on battery alone. Make sure the car is idling. The fuel pump is pretty sensitive to voltage drop even when powered off a relay and 8 guage wires for hot and ground.