Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does my car Idle up 200rpms when my Window Switch is activated?

Old 06-09-2006, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my car Idle up 200rpms when my Window Switch is activated?

I've read all the posts in the archives on this, hooked the black ZEX wire to the Yellow on the MSD Window Switch. When the green light on the ZEX box is on the car Idles normal, when the Zex Box light is not on the car Idles up 200 to 300, The guy at MSD told me this is not normal, is he correct, I read posts on some of the employees answering those phones, they have no Idea half the time what you are talking about. I wired up the car two different ways threw a relay, one from Zex the other from a post in the archives, I wired threw the Boxed MSD instructions. The diagrams were not working at all, the green light always stayed on, bottom line is, with the yellow hooked to the black, the window switch is working properly, other than my car Idles up when I turn on the switch, and the ZEX box is not green. Please advise on this being normal or not. Thanx.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
FormerVendor

No, sounds like your coils might be picking up interference. Make sure your connections are good and try routing your wires a little differently.

Matt
Old 06-10-2006, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

I just had a member who was running a Digital Window Switch, he also said that he noticed his rpms jump up when the system was armed. My wiring is tight, and secure. I feel I've really tryed everthing that I could. Thanx for input.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Yea, my car did the same thing. I never cared to trace the issue down as I was changing set ups anyway.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

Are you using the TPS on the zex box?

Matt
Old 06-10-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does the voltage on the TPS signal wire change when the system is armed causing the change in idle?
Is the window switch somehow changing the TPS voltage?

Just a thought.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZoFastSS
I've read all the posts in the archives on this, hooked the black ZEX wire to the Yellow on the MSD Window Switch. When the green light on the ZEX box is on the car Idles normal, when the Zex Box light is not on the car Idles up 200 to 300, The guy at MSD told me this is not normal, is he correct, I read posts on some of the employees answering those phones, they have no Idea half the time what you are talking about. I wired up the car two different ways threw a relay, one from Zex the other from a post in the archives, I wired threw the Boxed MSD instructions. The diagrams were not working at all, the green light always stayed on, bottom line is, with the yellow hooked to the black, the window switch is working properly, other than my car Idles up when I turn on the switch, and the ZEX box is not green. Please advise on this being normal or not. Thanx.
What the IAC doing when this happens?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Wink

Well I went to flashlight drags, car worked fine, window switch went on and off as programmed. Of course Zex has come out with a window switch that locks out first gear. I'm thinkiing of selling the MSD and going and buying the Zex. But is it really worth twice the money of the MSD? Only thing I'm guessing is, the Throttle positioin sensor is getting to much voltage to it. The rpms only jump up 200 when the switch is armed and the ZEx green light is off. When the Zex green light is on and the switch is armed the rpms will not jump up. Hmmm? Seems to working just fine.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Banned

get a better alternator
Old 06-11-2006, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Okay, what does the alternator going to do? I understand the voltage, but the alternator seems to pumping out plenty of juice.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wink

My Digital Window Switch also raises rpms when the system is armed, and the Zex box is off. Haven't had any problems so far.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why does my car Idle up 200rpms when my Window Switch is activated?