Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoids Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solenoids Noise

I need somebody to tell me if this noise is normal, It happened when after hit the purge valve, I turned off the switch and it made a weird noise I dont know where, and when I turned it on another time it did the same what is it? and is it normal?
Vid N2O test
Old 06-10-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

subscribing becuase i want to know
Old 06-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Restricted User

Does it only sound like that when you turn the key off?

Try key on, arm, purge, disarm, key off and have someone listen to the intake track. Sounds like when your key off, there is a release of nitrous into the intake tract.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Does it only sound like that when you turn the key off?

Try key on, arm, purge, disarm, key off and have someone listen to the intake track. Sounds like when your key off, there is a release of nitrous into the intake tract.
Yea it did when I turned the Key off, then It didnt, and I didnt start the car after that, thinking the same , that released the nitrous into the intake, also the solenoids make a noise when the car is on, and arm, and they sound like a tattoo machine, kinda loud, is that normal?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Restricted User

No. Are you using an Arming switch and WOT Switch? You should be. The wiring should all be in the sticky. Basically, your Arming switch is fed a switched 12v, the other side of it runs to the WOT, the other side of the WOT runs to the solenoids. The purge is setup on an Arm to Purge switch so the WOT is not part of that loop. If your noids are clicking you have power where its not supposed to be.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

This is what the kit came with

Also in the manual they say that both of the solenoids should be clicking if they are correct, is that the clicking they mean?
Old 06-11-2006, 03:55 AM
Restricted User

I dont think your TPAS (Throttle positions activation switch) is set correctly. Might be me, but I would start looking at the wiring for that, and making sure it is adjusted/set right.

The clicking... pop your hood, have someone turn the key on (engine off), flip the toggle switch to arm the system, then with your hand crank the throttle blade open, you should hear the solenoids click. (meaning the arming switch is powered, the TPAS see's the correct throttle position, and all that is sending power to the solenoids). You will hear a click, should from each one. Bottle off by the way.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Im rechecking everything, but seems to be correct, the TPAS is not set correctly I think, does anybody knows how to set the automatic TPAS? is not the one that has a screw on it, it doesnt have anything but a button