Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide bands

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wide bands

I just wanted to get a general concensus of the those running wide bands on there setups. I'll be putting the bottle back on my car here soon and was thinking about putting a wide band sensor and guage from AEM. Now I already have a bung welded to my y-pipe just after it comes togeather. I was thinking about running one on both banks instead of just that one. What are some of your thoughts about this configeration?. TIA
Old 06-15-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I chose a 2 channel FJO wideband. I liked it because it will shut the nitrous system down if it gets too rich or too lean. Plus it has a built in window switch and TPS. It will also control off the leanest bank in case something goes wrong on 1 side only.

All of the wideband makers I talked to said to put the 02 sensor ahead of the catalytic converter.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LM1 wb by Innovate here. I think this is the best deal, as they have a dedicated forum. You can do, mucho, mucho with this kit. Now the FJO is good also, but not sure if you can log right into your laptop/HP Tuner like the lm1.
Robert
Old 06-15-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
but not sure if you can log right into your laptop/HP Tuner like the lm1.
Robert
Im currently useing Datamaster(LT1 data logger) to record all of my functions. Will the LM1 work with it as well or does it datalog using its own software?.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terry s
I chose a 2 channel FJO wideband. I liked it because it will shut the nitrous system down if it gets too rich or too lean. Plus it has a built in window switch and TPS. It will also control off the leanest bank in case something goes wrong on 1 side only.
I have the FJO Racing 2 channel wideband too. I wasn't aware that it can shut down a nitrous system in the event of an extreme rich or lean condition. It must be a new feature, but I'll let the Maximizer II take care of that either way.

Originally Posted by Robert56
Now the FJO is good also, but not sure if you can log right into your laptop/HP Tuner like the lm1.
Robert
Before I upgraded to the 2 channel from FJO (just this month), I had their single channel. I've had it for over a year now and so far it's been logging to my laptop just fine. It also has no problem communicating with HPTuners. FJO provides you with two customizable output analog signals in addition to two digital output signals (digital gauge & laptop or a 2nd digital gauge). I use one for the Max II and the other for HPTuners.

I've never used the LM1, but lots of people seem to like it so it must be good.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gi8e7oi825
I have the FJO Racing 2 channel wideband too. I wasn't aware that it can shut down a nitrous system in the event of an extreme rich or lean condition. It must be a new feature, but I'll let the Maximizer II take care of that either way.

Before I upgraded to the 2 channel from FJO (just this month), I had their single channel. I've had it for over a year now and so far it's been logging to my laptop just fine. It also has no problem communicating with HPTuners. FJO provides you with two customizable output analog signals in addition to two digital output signals (digital gauge & laptop or a 2nd digital gauge). I use one for the Max II and the other for HPTuners.

Cool, now if I can just find the post on how to make a non FJO WB work with the FJO controllers.
The lm1, you can log stuff like rpm, n2o pressure, fuel pressure and up to six parameters. You can also, log directly on unit and show a/f on the main unit or hide it in glove box and use a remote gauge. Here's a pic of it on my window, but soon will go in glove box for going to laptop only, as the software allows you to have it show (a/f) on your screen while logging with HPT. So, because I allways run my laptop, U can see the a/f if u like. So much these things can do these days. I don't know if you can set the lm1 up for a lean shut down though.

Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 06-15-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

The window switch & TPS are new but I think the earlier version could shut down the system if too rich or too lean. However they will give you free upgrade to the current and any new features in the future. If you have any questions call Gerald their tech guy. Very knowledgeable and very helpful.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

LC-1 here. There is a new product out that is a dual wideband sensor. Not sure who was selling, but saw it in GMHTP. You might look into that if you want to see both cylinder banks at once.

For me, I use and LC-1 running in the drivers side header. I chose that since #7 cylinder is usually the leanest. I also have mine set up to serve as the factory narrow band O2 as well. It works pretty good, or did until the controller died.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lc-1 and Flashscan here and had no probles with it, it works good. But the FJO system looks like a cool setup too with the A/F cutoff switch.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MEAN LT1
Im currently useing Datamaster(LT1 data logger) to record all of my functions. Will the LM1 work with it as well or does it datalog using its own software?.
I am wondering the same thing? I will be running Datamaster and that would be very convenient.

I know Robert56 said you can put the controller in the glove box and use the laptop but was that through their program or can you use a third party datalogging program?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RayRay21
I am wondering the same thing? I will be running Datamaster and that would be very convenient.

I know Robert56 said you can put the controller in the glove box and use the laptop but was that through their program or can you use a third party datalogging program?
You enter your volt measurement that the lm1 uses and it logs right into the HP Tuner program/logger, and/or the lm1 software, and/or directly onto the lm1 for down load to computer later. It would take mucho writing to list all that this WB can do. There may even be a way to do lean/rich shut down, just need to get back over to the innovate forum and find out. You would be amazed at what some guys are doing with this WB. I am going to use the optional tail pipe sniffer to tune my Harley.
Robert
Old 06-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Do they have lead resistant wbs? Or is that a myth?
Old 06-18-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For lead, use the NTK sensors. FJO's supports them. They use Bosch sensors too, but from what I read on here Bosch sensors die too quickly to be used with leaded fuel.

I was looking over the LM-1 stuff, and it doesn't seem like it does much more than FJO. Maybe recording w/o a laptop?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

For lead, use the NTK sensors. FJO's supports them. They use Bosch sensors too, but from what I read on here Bosch sensors die too quickly to be used with leaded fuel.

I was looking over the LM-1 stuff, and it doesn't seem like it does much more than FJO. Maybe recording w/o a laptop?
Well if you check out what's been going on done over the couple years, you may be surprised. I don't think anyone was saying this product does more or less, but rather information type comparison, this is how the end user gets the info. The WB forum should also give insight into the possibilities that the FJO may have.
Innovate MotorSports Forum
Robert
Old 06-20-2006, 11:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No leaded gas...It will kill the sensor quick....well not real quick but if you used it for racing it might last a season..... We have the best prices on innovate prodcuts, let us know if we can help you out....

Cheers
Dan
Old 06-21-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys for all the info. Looks like I have some products to look at before I make a choice. As far as the dual widebands go, will one be alright or is two better?. Im thinking two would be better for bank to bank tuning?.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I am unsure about a LT1, but you can't tune separate banks on a LS1. I normally just run one and have had no problems at all. Get with Dan and he can get you setup with what you need, they are good people to deal with.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

LM-1 has worked great for me. Easy to use and I personally love the fact I can record without a laptop around. I leave mine hooked up all the time behind the passenger seat and move the unit out when I want to watch or record.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
No leaded gas...It will kill the sensor quick....well not real quick but if you used it for racing it might last a season..... We have the best prices on innovate prodcuts, let us know if we can help you out....

Cheers
Dan
So what are people that run race gas tuning their cars with?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RayRay21
So what are people that run race gas tuning their cars with?
We sell them to many racers. Typical rule of thumb we have seen is if you run leaded fuel you get approx. 1/10th the life out of the sensor.

Dean