Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used TNT or Nitrous Direct

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used TNT or Nitrous Direct

My friend is selling me his used TNT 150 nitrous oxide system for 600, but Nitrous Direct has a brand new 50-200 kit for the same proce...wich one would be the better deal , any input is appreciated Thanx
Old 06-21-2006, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What brand system is it being compared to? What accessories are comming with the used kit if any?
Dave
Old 06-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
What brand system is it being compared to? What accessories are comming with the used kit if any?
Dave
Well its the whole tnt kit and im comparing it to the brand nitrous direct, my car is a m6 and his is a a4. Im just looking to see wich one is a better deal...and wich brand is better...
Old 06-21-2006, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black Raven
Well its the whole tnt kit and im comparing it to the brand nitrous direct, my car is a m6 and his is a a4. Im just looking to see wich one is a better deal...and wich brand is better...
what Dave was tryin to say is, what is all coming with the TNT kit...is it a F2 kit or F1 kit. is he including any accessories with the used kit ex: bottle opener, 15lb bottle, heater, pressure gauge, FPSS, etc etc.
when people sell used kits they'll usually include some things that typically wouldnt be included in a new kit.
an F2 kit bran new from TNT runs $700+ so aslong as its not too old and there are accessories included, $600 is an ok deal.
tell us more and we can tell you if its a good deal or not and if you should stick with a new kit.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Thanx for the info, but yeah its a F1 and he is throwing in a bottle heater and the pressure gauge, so I gues that is the better deal, I was just woundering wich brand was better? and the nitrous direct one clames to be a 200 shot, not that im going to shoot 200 right now, but I might after forged internals.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The TNT system will easily spray 200 hp. Im guessing you are talking about a Coldfusion vs a TNT system.

If that is the case. You need to compare all the pluss and minuses.

Things to consider

1. Build quality between the two systems.
2. What brand and style is the bottle heater.
3. How complete is the used system

If you would like some knowledgeable help to ask the differences between the two systems feel free to hit me up. I have personally delt with both systems and had both tore down on my work bench.

If you need someone to look at the picture of the used system and varify everything is there I can help you there also.

Dave
Old 06-21-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet

If you need someone to look at the picture of the used system and varify everything is there I can help you there also.

Dave
What a guy!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a crap shoot sometimes on used kits. I bought a used 5177 and had lots of extras, but when I finally got the stuff it did not look as good as the photos I was shown. Kind of beat up, but everything did work correctly. I don't think TNT has a lifetime rebuild of noids, so on a older kit this should be a consideration. Both brands we offer have liftime on noids (NX and CF). Nothing wrong with the TNT kits, but you know what I would go with.
Robert
Old 06-21-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

While I'm hoping Dave is trying to be impartial and TRULY help out.. I always suggest buying new when it comes to something as important as Nitrous and your very expensive car or truck. You get quality components, never before used, or tampered with. You never know what's been done to solenoids, and wiring, etc.. If a torch was used on the bottle or the solenoids were on for excesive periods of time creating high heat and possible reduction in life. So regardless of brand I'd suggest new. That being said both Cold Fusion, and Nx are quality kits, I've heard neutral feed back on TNT.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

Ive not sprayed my TNT kit yet but in general most people running the TNT kits seem to like them (from what i have read), they also seem to make alot of power. However the fitment issues are somthing to think about. The power ring was a bitch to fit. After the fitment issue was taken care of it looks real nice. Overall though its up to you on what is going to work best for your setup up. I personally went with a used TNT F1 kit, but i also got the whole kit for $300.

Good Luck
Old 06-21-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

get you the cold fusion kit.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

the only cars I have seen on here with backfires in the intake and so on and thats like 2 or 3 have been tnt kits I am not saying its not cause of install error or anything. I also think thats cause they are used more. They also make bigger power cause of the higher jetting.