Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

conversion car NOS setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default conversion car NOS setup

Okay, I just finished swapping an LS1 and T56 into an 89 Camaro and I want to get the NOS system ready to go in. I have done a lot of searches and reading but I still have some questions. here goes.

First the setup, 2000 LS1/T56 from Camaro SS with 17K on them. Stainless Works longtubes with 1.75 primary and 2.5 collectors. 2.5 to 3.0 Y pipe with NO cats going into a Mac catback. 3.73 rear gears on a 7.5 10 bolt so no slicks here. PCM for less tuned the computer and I am sure there is more than stock timing, 160 t stat no EGR or AIR. 2002 plastic tank with Racetronix PNP fuel system and a mix of 6AN and 8AN fittings and lines to the rail. I am looking for a decent shot but safety is key, I do not want to hurt the motor.

Now, I already have a new in box NOS super powershot system. That is an adjustable wet kit for a carbed car using the plate and is adjustable fro 75 to 175. So I know I can't use the plate but the bottle, noids, lines,ft switch, and most of the other little pieces could carry over.

Now for the questions:

Do I go dry or wet. I am looking for 125-150 ish shot

Do I keep the old system I have and buy fogger nozzles, a maf system, or something like that

Do I ebay the system I have and get something else? If so what

What window switch and controller works best with a 6 speed and gears. lots of quick shifting and probably no traction due to the street tires

Do I need some type of fuel saftey switch if so what type?

Please give your recommendations, like I said I am new with the spray and I want to do it right even if it means saving some money to buy the right parts. If you recommend a whole new system, that is what I will do. Just for
the hell of it here are some pics of the car. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails conversion car NOS setup-engine.jpg   conversion car NOS setup-front-driver.jpg   conversion car NOS setup-driver-side.jpg   conversion car NOS setup-dash1.jpg  
Old 06-28-2006, 08:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice conversion. That should take some people by suprise.

You could go two ways here. Like you said you couls sell the system you have and buy a completet new one or buy the needed stuff to make yours work.

If you choose to make yours work I would buy the needed stuff to make a complete wet system.
You willl need the following.
Nozzle
Nozzle nut adadpter
2 FT -3 hose blue
2 FT -3 hose Red
Jetting

Since you have a custom tune you may need to pull some timming. You could have your tunner do it or buy a timing tuner.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=965

I do suggest adding a window switch. If you go with a timing runer it has one built in.

THe needed accesories to make the system function to its full capabilities safely will be
Bottle heater, purge, fuel pressure safety switch, nitrous pressure gauge and of course a window switch.

To pass tech at a track you will need a NHRA blow off fitting and blow down tube.
You will also need to change your spark plugs to NGK tr6
Dave
Old 06-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Dave, Thanks for the response that is exactly what I was looking for. Being that I don't have the box for the system I have I will probably keep it and convert it to work. The money I will save doing that will help with the cost of the accessories I need. I will get a list together and get in touch with you to arrange the purchase. Again, thanks for the well thought out reply.

Andy
Old 06-28-2006, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

thats a pretty clean conversion
Old 06-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silverado01
thats a pretty clean conversion
Thanks man, I still a lot of cleanup work to do but it is coming along. I have since cleaned out the interior and the carpet is now grey not brown . Tomorrow I will get it inspected and then I can go rack up some miles.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Andy,
Sounds good.
Here is a pic of a LS1 conversion I did in my old 94Z

Before

After

Dave