Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plug is powder white?????????

Old 07-09-2006, 02:16 AM
GTO
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plug is powder white?????????

i was checking my plugs because the car sounded like it had a bad plug well yea it did one was ungapped..ok so i take one byone off any the one that wasnt gapped was the last one i took off pita to do while the motor is hot. well ilook at each one and the bottom was like dust white .what can this be??? can i be running a lil lean is that it ...
Old 07-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Restricted User

What part are you describing as bottom? And was this after idle, low rpm cruise that you pulled the plugs? If you just done a WOT blast, shut it down and then pulled the plugs, which is the prefered way to read plugs, then you get a better read on them.

If you are talking about the facing of the plug body, the metal part at the end of the threaded body that is flat and faces into the cylinder..then white is better then speckled or chunky-black. Speckles indicate detonation ripping of those "speckles" of piston and embedding the into the plug body, porcelain or grounding strap. If its black and chunky then its rich as hell. Depending on fuel and additives used in it, or used beside the fuel, you may see a redish to brownish tint to the porcelain, or green to blueish if using nitrous. White porcelain that looks powdery and super fricken clean is lean.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

what'd he just say? lol
Old 07-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Check out these two pages it explains a lot of stuff

http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticle...ark-plugs.html

http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticle...-pictures.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spark plug is powder white?????????