Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any c6 Nitrous kits for 06 C6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any c6 Nitrous kits for 06 C6?

I'm looking for info on what kits are out there and what features they have. my engine is stock. The only mods right now are a CAI and a thermo. Future mods will likely include headers, cam, etc. I have no plans for major work on the bottom end.

I'm basically looking for a good, safe kit for a stock c6. guessing around a 100 to 150 shot, wet or dry.

thanks in advance
Old 07-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

NX build a complete new maf piece for your car. You will need to do a little cutting on the maf to make it all work but once done I feel it is the cleanest, and sexiest looking kit for the C6. Complete with tps Here is the link to the system.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/gm_1pc_massair.htm trigger switch.

From that link you can also get to the instructions and read about the install..
CAll me if have any questions? 888-463-2781

Ricky
Old 07-12-2006, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

thanks for the quick reply!

I'm a little new to the nitrous game, so a few q's:

1 Any issue with the torque management on the A6?

2 TPS switch is what? Throttle Position sensor? Does this take the place of the WOT switch and a window switch?

3 Any suggestions on how to hide the bottle from view in a C6 and still have room for the targa top? Ready made housing or cases or something to match enterior...maybe something that looks like a trunk partition or subwoofer box (might have just answered my own question there!)

4 what kind of gains should I expect? Do you have a SAE corrected dyno sheet from a stock A6 running a 100 and 150 shot with this kit?

5 Do I need to pull any timing out or make any other changes to my tune? I have had a tune done already

6 Is there a quick and easy way to go from non-nitrous tune to nitrous tune on the 06 corvette computer?

7 This is a dry kit, right? So I should probably not go any higher than a 100 shot, correct Or is 150 doable with my setup?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a link to a Vette/nitrous thread. You can find pics of the installed C6 MAF kit, and also the Cold Fusion PRO Plate kit.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/512363-z06-nitrous-guys-come-c5-s.html
We at Nitrous Direct carry both. One more kit to consider is the PRO Dry kit. Check out our link in sig, then on main page is another link to our new site with additional kits. In old site we have a vette section to check out.

Now on your questions.
1. Not that I really recall? some one else?
2. yes take's the place of wot sw, which of course you could use if you like. You'll still need a ws.
3. Check out the link for insight, also my personal web for ideas.
4. You jet it for the HP gain you want, so 100hp will be 100hp. The jetting that comes in the kits are real close to actual gains.
5. If you have had timing added then yes, likely timing pull will be needed, wet or dry.
6. Yes, with a tuner program, or using a timing tuner, or in your tune on dry hits.
7. The MAF kit is a wet kit. The plate kit is a wet kit and PRO Dry is dry. 150hp easy on wet, and 100/125 easy on dry. higher for both if you like.

Hope this gets you started on your quest.
Robert
Old 07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the info guys!

I'm leaning toward the NX Maf Kit at this point and purchasing the window switch separate.

With pulling a couple of degrees of timing, what kind of horse power loss should I expect? I was at 342 stock. Now sitting at 355 with a Calloway CAI and a tune.

Any issues fit issues with the calloway CAI and the MAF kit?

Should I pick up some colder plugs as well?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

get rid of the tune. an n/a tune usually adds timing and puts the a/f ratio @ like 12.5 across the board. with nitrous you usually wanna be around 11.0 to 11.3 across the board as far as a/f ratio. but you already said you would pull some timing but i recommend a tune. good luck.

if its an NX kit, daves outlet kit, or cold fusion kit you should get 100whp is your on a 100shot.

unless you modified the maf i dont beleive there will be a problem.

yes use NGK TR6 spark plugs. two steps colder than your stockers and are good 2 about 600hp.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

I guess the other question I have at this stage, is with the wet kit and the geometry of the ls2 intake, what is the possibility of the fuel puddling in the intake and then being shot through my hood?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02Vortech
get rid of the tune. an n/a tune usually adds timing and puts the a/f ratio @ like 12.5 across the board. with nitrous you usually wanna be around 11.0 to 11.3 across the board as far as a/f ratio. but you already said you would pull some timing but i recommend a tune. good luck.
So are you saying decrease the a/f ratio or the timing, or do both? I assume you are saying do both
Old 07-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by c6_dave
thanks for the quick reply!

I'm a little new to the nitrous game, so a few q's:

1 Any issue with the torque management on the A6?
Only if you have the stock set up and go over 100 hp. Our testing was done when nobody had away to get around the Torque Mngt. The first c6 we tested on was a complete stock 15 mile car. We did drive it a little before running on the dyno. Now there might be a way around the TM.

2 TPS switch is what? Throttle Position sensor? Does this take the place of the WOT switch and a window switch?
TPS switch in the nitrous world is an electronic activation box that works off of reading the oem tps sensor. You will need to be on the Green wire falling voltage. I believe NX is the only company at this time to build a unit that works on the C6.

TPAS instruction sheet.

3 Any suggestions on how to hide the bottle from view in a C6 and still have room for the targa top? Ready made housing or cases or something to match enterior...maybe something that looks like a trunk partition or subwoofer box (might have just answered my own question there!)?
If it is for now and then use, and you are only going to play with 75hp or less, go with a 5lb. bottle. smaller easier to make disappear. Or take the reg. bottle and have it covered with the the same carpet as the car. But I have only seen one vette complete hide a bottle(s). That was on a C5 and that was in the rear bumper area.

4 what kind of gains should I expect? Do you have a SAE corrected dyno sheet from a stock A6 running a 100 and 150 shot with this kit?!
100 the C6 will put down a tad over 427 hp. and 607tq. to the ground.N/a was 337hp and 358 tq.

5 Do I need to pull any timing out or make any other changes to my tune? I have had a tune done already?
100hp we pulled 6 degrees of timing from the stock tune. 6 degrees was a tad much pull out. et was 13.5 na, @ 111 on nitrous 11.7 @ ???. this was a stock car with automatic.

6 Is there a quick and easy way to go from non-nitrous tune to nitrous tune on the 06 corvette computer?
Since this is a wet system just pull your timing back to stock. Get a air fuel gauge or even an FJO wide band with lean cut off. Put the car on a dyno start at 75hp and work your way up. and keep a close eye on the air fuel... Sure your N/A will fall off a bit on HP but not enough to worry about, nitrous is the cure all for that problem.

7 This is a dry kit, right? So I should probably not go any higher than a 100 shot, correct Or is 150 doable with my setup?
This is a WET system. 150 is doable IF you get Traction controll under controll.

June 05 Vette Magazine complete write on the prototype system.
instructions for MAF kit .
1pc. MAF page.

Ricky

Quick Reply: any c6 Nitrous kits for 06 C6?