Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n2o grind for stock heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default n2o grind for stock heads

theres two different cams im considering, course if anyone has a better suggestion let me know. my heads are stock for now so i dont want to over do it, so heres the specs im considering (w/ 1.6rr)
224/236 duration, .536"/.555", 114lsa
224/236 duration, .605"/.622", 114lsa
do you think the 2nd one has too much lift for stock heads? like would i be better off getting the 1st cam and going with 1.6rr's or go with the 2nd one and keep the factory 1.5rockers until i get my heads done up?
im trying to get everything together for the swap, then il pick up a kit next month so let me know what you think
full bolt-ons and exhaust btw ready for some internals
Old 07-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Teching In

I dont see any point in going with a nitrous grind for a basically stock car. The 10hp you gain with the nitrous won't be worth the 10-15hp/tq you lose going with a nitrous grind... Unless you plan on spraying the **** out of it, like 200+, I think you should get a N/A cam. You can always up the pills in the nitrous kit to get the effective horsepower you want, but it's not fun to change the cam once you've done it before.

But I guess if I had to pick between those two cams, I'd get less lift for valvetrain longevity reasons.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

wel i figured it would give me decent N/A numbers, def better than the stock bump stick thats in there now, and some day i would like to put a 300shot to it but until i get forged internals i was planning on spraying 150.. do you guys really think that grind will lag off the spray? il look around for a grind with a lil tighter durations, but ive ben told if im going to spray dont go below a 113LSA. anyone know of a good in between cam off the tops of their head?
edit: forgot to mention im talking LT1 here..