Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solenoid pressure ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solenoid pressure ?

Ok, been contemplating a kit for a while, and been trying to learn, but have a question. Everything I have read states that you don't want to leave the bottle open for extended periods of time due to the pressure not being good for the solenoid (Im assumine just nitrous, with it's much higher psi than the fuel). I'm assuming that after you close the bottle, the lines are still pressurized. How do you release the pressure? Purge? I've read a couple places that a purge isn't really necessary unless you are at the track. So how do you clear the lines and reduce the 900 or so psi on the solenoid? Other than the obvious close the bottle, arm the system and WOT.

Thanks in advance for the answer and the patience...
Old 02-24-2007, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Yup, a purge. Another big benefit or running one.

Matt

Originally Posted by wraith051373
Ok, been contemplating a kit for a while, and been trying to learn, but have a question. Everything I have read states that you don't want to leave the bottle open for extended periods of time due to the pressure not being good for the solenoid (Im assumine just nitrous, with it's much higher psi than the fuel). I'm assuming that after you close the bottle, the lines are still pressurized. How do you release the pressure? Purge? I've read a couple places that a purge isn't really necessary unless you are at the track. So how do you clear the lines and reduce the 900 or so psi on the solenoid? Other than the obvious close the bottle, arm the system and WOT.

Thanks in advance for the answer and the patience...
Old 02-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

you could either purge the line out, take off the nitrous line which may not turn out so well as there is lots of pressure and nitrous is really cold and what not, or you could run the system with the bottle closed but ive tried that before my purge and it doesnt get ALL of the nitrous out of line it leaves low pressure.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:33 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

We would always crack the fitting at the bottle after each pass before I had my purge.

Unless you are making another pass shortly, than I would leave it.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

I dont think leaving the pressure in the system for a few hours, like at the track, will hurt anything. I've done it that way for years and never hurt solenoids or had leaks. When your done for the night just crack the line and release the pressure, very easy to do. This theory of air in the lines is also overrated. Nitrous moves so fast at 1000psi you never even notice the difference.