Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynotune dry kit on the way. Write up soon to follow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your worried about spraying threw shifts, then fab a momentary switch on the shifter. momentery off, something like an interupt kill switch. your hand is on the shifter while racing right? then keep it there. wire it into the wot switch so that it cuts out when you press it.

brody
Old 09-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Banned

Turning on/off the arming switch between shifts? Thats new to me. At your power level I wouldn't worry about it until atleast 100 shot use. The A4 can handle it. Its not like people with cam/heads let out in between shifts. Either way good luck. Post up your videos of the run. Keep us informed on the install.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well heres some intall pics. All i have left now is the line to the lid, which i had to order a longer length of hose from Harris Speed Works. Anyway...

Sheetmetal switch panel I made. I had planned on putting the switches in the ashtray but with the 14 gauge wire things got crowded quickly and interfered with the gear lockout mechanism. I didnt want to try to shift into neutral and go all the way to reverse or park when im trying to impress the ladies so i decided to fab up this little guy. switches are arm, heater, purge, and the other is just an unused switch i had laying around.

In this picture you can see (closest to the fender) the main feed line that i covered in black wire loom. the wires from the relay to the nitrous and purge solenoids are also inside the same wire loom.

I chose to mount the relay here. Probably not the stealthiest but a relay can mean a lot of things. At least it will be easy to get to.

I chose to mount the solenoids in a cool, out of sight place. This is a fair weather only car, so the elements wont affect the solenoids in this location. I am, however fabricating a sheetmetal box that will attach with the solenoids to protect them and make this less noticable. the grounds will also be relocated.

Here you can see the fuel pressure safety switch. it obviously stands out with the anodized blue fitting. i will be painting this flat black.

Well thats about it so far guys. the relay for the heater is in the passengers kickpanel, but i didnt get pics of that. i'll have pics of the nozzle setup as soon as my black line from HSW comes in!

Last edited by mattl31; 09-25-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

do you have your purge lines ran yet? if so where do they exit? other than that it looks good!

brody
Old 09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no purge lines yet. the simplicity of dumping it right off the solenoid is tempting but i gotta put on a good show working on a way to hold them in place in the side vents....anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

gawd I hope your wiring is correct. Tracing wires that are all the same color is a flippin nightmare. (I'm going to save my "I told you so" until later in this thread)
Old 09-25-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha you can give me your "I told you so" right now....it HAS been hell! everythings A-O-K and working right now soooo, until i decide to expand the system im golden!
Old 09-26-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

i just noticed this...why did you open the box in the bathroom? i have my suspicions why, cause i have done it before as well. hahaha.

brody
Old 09-26-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHA! good eyes man. im in college and staying in the dorms so that was about the only flat place to take a picture however some of the smaller automotive packages i have receive have been opened while i sat atop the throne. instruction manuals make good literature for the pot
Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and Todd157K....you can REALLY say "i told you so now". I was having a problem with my purge solenoid last night and started tearing into the wires. next thing i know i have loose ends everywhere and i didnt know wtf what was......I TORE ALL THE WIRING OUT AND DID IT COLOR COORDINATED!!!! YAY for common sense. I should have done it this way in the first place.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Heres the last of the pics guys. AEM UEGO wideband is supposed to be here tomorrow and i'll be welding the bung in tuesday, spraying wednesday! check out my sweet fuel rail covers too they arent flashy but i wanted something that looked stock. give me feedback!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

jesus those are huge. i always forget to resize but i hope it was worth it all you 56k'ers
Old 10-08-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey can one of the moderators change the title of this thread? now that its installed "soon to come" is a lie
Old 10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well this thread died. any input anyone? updates as of now are just that

A. the company i ordered my UEGO wideband from is slow as *****
B. purge lines got routed to the side vents. got hella lucky here, and ill try to explain it. us T/A guys have the sidevents in the fenders right? well it turns out that the holes in these vents are EXACTLY the diameter of the purge tube that dynotune (and im assuming others) send out with their kits. well being that they were the same size the tube wouldnt really stay in there (especially with nitrous coming out at pressure) so i took the vent out and looked at it. at the front (of the car) and top sides of the vents there is like a 3/4 sized hole due to being so close to the edge of the vent. i crammed that purge line in there from the out facing side of the vent and pulled it through until there was about 1/4 of an inch protruding. did this on both sides and its PLENTY sturdy! should look kickass.
C. Ordered a Vumaxx Pedestal gauge cup for my UEGO until i have more gauges to justify the pillar pod. it was only 20 bucks.

If anyone ends up reading this and feels like helping out....i need to know if

A. I can run 91 octane (best we can get here) with the spray or if i need to get some additive.

B. What A/F range i should be shooting for with the spray

C. What is the window switch that is the best/easiest...and what all is involved in getting one of those puppies installed.

thanks guys. we have a track day on the 26th and ill be sure to get you some vids.